Are you going to the NEC

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Havit, Sep 23, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I'm thinking of going to the NEC this year, is anyone else going.... Be nice to met and say Hello. They are doing flights from Ireland for 20 euro return so I think I might go ..

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Seems to be same stuff every year. Needs to be every 5-10 years to make it special for me. Sorry to be picky

3. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    I'll be there.....I think the first Saturday. It's pretty much a standing 'date' for me, every year I seem to need to replace one piece of kit or another, this year obligatory purchase needs to be Jacket!!!

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Could someone please give me the dates for this?

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    What do you mean? Strap 'im on the wing?

6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I just got my ticket. £17.50 or £20.50 with promotion ( you get 3 Oxford comfy neck scarfs or somthing worth £15) just for info bikes are free parking cars £10 in advance or 12 on the day. Big lad if you fly in its a short walk to the centre from the airport so I was told on the phone. Doors open 9 till 6 Fri sat sun . 10 till 5 during the week.

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You can also pay another £5 to see the FMX LIVE motocross freestyle jumps ect .

8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I'm only going on one day half ton. The flights are the same price every day and the ticket is open to any date so makes no difference to me what day only down side for me is the flight times are crap. I get in at 7.30 am go back at ether 5.45 pm or 9.30pm

9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #9 Havit, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Lets pray no white stuff. Very late for a bike show ah

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Wayne, I'll be flying into East Midlands airport, if I come, so I think that's be a bit further away.

Dave

11. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #11 stevethegoolie, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    It is, Dave.
    But there is a railway station now at E Midlands, (E.Midlands Parkway it's called) and whilst I've not checked, there may be a connection to Birmingham. :)

Have just checked ... E.M.P to Derby (change) then to Birmingham New Street (change) and on to Birmingham International. All yours for around £25 and about an hour and a half of your time. Half an hour or so by road!!

12. Robin Sanderson

Robin Sanderson Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    Yep on the first Saturday as I need a new set of leathers now!

13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Y
    yes, the greedy feckers the girl on the phone was blond I think , she was more interested in other events going on there than the bike show I was telling her the costs, But she didn't forget the €1.50 . The only real advantage is no long line waiting at the box office, when you get there you can go streight in. Recommended if going over the weekend, I'm with you on going during the week it will be easier to look around.

14. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    just in case anyone is coming by car. leave it parked on the train station, Bham International,car park,it is about half the price of the car park and a lot quicker to get out after . it is only a short walk over the concourse to the halls.

good luck to everyone going, i dont bother any more, same old same old every year, and i am only 4 miles from the NEC,if you havent been before tho you will love it I am sure

15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I've lost touch it's been so long since I did the NEC, so if I want to buy some gear is it better to go early in the week or at the end - when are the bargains available?

16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I haven't been since the year after the ZZR 1100 was launched, I brought a new one and went up on it the following year, hence my story about the blue lights on the M25 and the Granada no the way back from it.i let you work out how many years that's been!!

17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    They aint gonna sell much in Biggies size. Its the 'normal' size that sell out!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Alright Crispey, wind yer neck in.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    That's about the size of it

20. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Probably not bother this year,tend to go every other year and went last year.
    Agree with Sprintdave,park in the train station,cheaper,easier to get out of and you don't have to wait for the bus.
    I've only ever bought a crash helmet there,but if your buying face to face at least you can haggle.