Tiger 1050 Are The Yanks Getting It Wrong?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by In my own world, Mar 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Just been looking through Triumph Rat. In their Mod section, you get the usual questions regarding tyres. Like most of us, we want a road tyre but the Yanks want off-road tyres for their 1050. I may be getting it wrong but i see the Tiger 1050/Sport as a road bike only. 17-inch wheels for trail riding?. They seem to use theirs as a trail bikes without any problems. Would you fit off-road tyres to your Tiger and hit the trail?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    From what I’ve read I think the majority do those logging roads and fire trails which are more gravel so a bit gentler than the average off-roading over here but they have miles of space. I’d love to do it but somewhere where it’s not overpopulated with horses cyclists and ramblers

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    .......about the only place in the States as soggy as us is Washington State.......the Everglades and Louisiana Bayou don’t count!

4. In my own world

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Perhaps i got it wrong but if i wanted to ride trails a Tiger is not a bike that would come to mind.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Probably depends on your size and what you have available, not the ideal bike but it’s possible

I’m sure there was a guy on here that posted a video of himself in a competition against loads of trials bikes but can’t find it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Yes I remember that.
    Greenlaning is what the Yanks do they can go thousands of miles and never touch a highway. They seem to have clubs for finding routes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Jesus, just watched the video, if that's fun ... I'd rather have haemorrhoids! :poop: and that's coming from someone who likes to ride off road! :laughing:

8. In my own world

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Would have been nice for him/her to stop to help the chap that came off. Even with off road tyres i still wouldn't go off road with cast rims.