Are The 1200cc Speedmasters' Wheels Tubed Or Tubeless?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Scoot65, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Can anyone tell me if the 1200cc Speedmasters come with tubed or tubeless wheels as standard?

I'm reading conflicting online spec. sheets. Some state that they are fitted with spoked tubeless wheels and others are stating just spoked wheels with no reference to whether the wheels are tubed / tubeless.

2. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Inner tubes 100%. The tyres might have tubeless on the side of the wall, but it comes with spokes that are not sealed, so it has to have inner tubes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    You'll know for sure by looking at the valve. But Triumph have yet to fit tubeless spoked wheels to their classics. I wish they would, I think some of the adventure bikes get tubeless spoked wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    Tubes in my triumph....I alway carry in my bag....a small 12v pump....a bottle of tube slime just in case....and have small neat tyre pressure monitors for front and back wheels.

Just an after market type.....very neat and accurate....reassuring being able to monitor the pressures as I ride....gives a visual and audio warning if pressure drops below 3psi of chosen limit.

I wish I had tubeless but I feel I can live with it as I do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated!

My current '05 865cc Speedmaster is tubeless and I was hoping that the newer 1200's were spoked tubeless, looks like they're not.

I'd prefer tubeless for safety and convenience on making a roadside puncture repair if required. Good tip about the tube slime / 12v pump too.

Thanks again.

6. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    Dont think I would consider a tube out repair at the side of the road....I would have no problem at home.

I like to think if a simple puncher that the tube slime would get me home....propper repair then.

My is tube slime....no idea if its the same as tubeless slime.....I expect it is.

If all fails it the recovery insurance back up for me....last resort though....I like to be self sufficient.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Exactly, much easier using a plug / glue repair or that tyre repair foamy stuff with a tubeless tyre.