Anyone using Maxton Suspension?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by desertspeedy, Dec 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I have had such great success with the front suspension innards from K-Tech. Made such a difference in cornering (both tip in and exit). Disappointed to learn they have nothing for a rear shock. Now wanting to keep the bike as Brit as possible I have contacted Richard at Maxton, what a great guy! It seems they are not currently shipping stateside due to some silly regulations but I have a work around for that (local mucker who will buy and ship to me). I see a fair amount of them in use on IOM TT. Idle curiosity if any of you Speedy pilots use them or have any experience with them?
    I was planning on having Eibach make up a replacement spring for the rear shock but they are not responding.

2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Have you looked on fleebay for a second hand Ohlins as they come up often and usually very cheap :)

3. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    In my opinion Maxton are the best. Got a Maxton on my trident

• Like Like x 2
  4. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Thank-you, yes I did but nothing that solves my need. Stateside Ohlins distribution is geared to aftermarket. The Ohlins on the Speedy are an OEM spec and Ohlins USA does not have them and cannot get them. I know, I know....this is a real WTF what is this company doing. Compounding that is a real concern of counterfeit Ohlins being sold on eBay. Looks like I'll go Maxton.

5. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Good to read this t552, thanks for responding to this thread. I certainly saw some fast bikes at IOM TT sporting them and do want to keep this bike as true Brit as possible.
    CHEERS,
    Chris

6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hello mate

I only heard good things about Maxton. They are about to get real busy with racing season around the corner. So if you are after one, you better get in there soon ;-)

I'm planning to go the same route. ...Front & Rear Maxton.

• Like Like x 1
  7. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Good coice. Clive cannot speak highly enough of Richard and Ron.

• Like Like x 1
  8. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Pleased to report I ordered up a Maxton GP10 rear shock from Richard this morning. He is advising of a 3 week production wait time currently. I am stoked!! More to follow once it arrives.

9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Nice one buddy. You are going to love it. Look forward to your reviews and ofcourse pics ;-)

I received a spec sheet from Richard this morning for my speed triple 2011. I'm planning to do front Maxton kit n rear RT10.

10. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    I don't think either of you will be in any way disappointed. A very good choice going with Maxton

• Like Like x 1
  11. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Have been trying to get Richard at Maxton to confirm receipt of my order but he must be swamped with biz. 3 emails no reply, tried calling despite the 8 hour time difference but line is always busy. Oh well, knowing I am in good hands and perhaps will call after shop hours and see if he has an answering machine so I can leave him a message. Need to be sure he ships it fully insured as we live way out in the desert and can not afford to have a porch pirate nick it if we miss UPS.

12. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    UPDATE - Nice email from Richard this AM. Has been understandably busy. He confirms they will ship insured. He said the GP10 only fits with a Low Mount can so I am good to go!! "YAHOO" (yelled loudly) as we "Mericans" say. I am pleased as punch. Will update with photos and feedback once received.
    CHEERS,
    Chris

• Like Like x 2
  13. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Nice one buddy ^^^

14. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    They are so nice people. If only all suppliers were like Maxton.