Tiger 800 Anyone tried an MRA adjustable spoiler on Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by cliverdee, Apr 2, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, am still undecided as to how to sort my screen issues out and wondered if anyone has tried the MRA X-creen XC SA/TA adjustable air deflector flip spoiler on a Tiger 800 that is fitted with the Triumph adjustable screen.. Advice so far suggests a Madstad screen replacement but they cost a lot and don't do anything for the bikes appearance so am doing a bit more homework before deciding. I'm 6ft and using the seat on the lowest position. thanks for any advice

2. Jimmer

Jimmer New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Aberdeensire
    Ive had a MRA spoiler but not on a Tiger, it did slightly change the airflow but jiggled about and made heaps of extra wind noise. It stayed on the bike for about 3 hrs. Ive ridden a Tiger with about 2" trimmed off the top of the standard screen and it put my head in quiet, non turbulent air. Im not convinced that big screens are any good, unless you go to the extremes of a Madstad.

3. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, thanks for that...confirmed what I suspected the spoiler would do so shall steer clear of that... Think it may have to be a Madstad after all as haven't heard anything bad about their use.. just their looks...