Anyone tried a booster plug ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by John T, Feb 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    If it is anything like the ones you can fit to a car they are a waste of time, all they do is richen up the mixture basically, they do not make any adjustments to the settings like you would if you chipped or had a remap.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not always, when my Doris leapt out at me from the ebay page, she looked too good to be true, plus I wasn't sure about buying a vehicle off eBay. But she has proved better than I could have wished for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Well I've took the plunge and ordered one

I will let you know what it's like

5. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Can't you just do the same thing for free with tuneECU and a new map, or am I missing something?

6. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Dont think the new ECU can be remapped except by factory software. Might be wrong ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Thumbs up noticeably better at low revs

8. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

May 10, 2017
    Somerset
    I just fitted my booster plug to my T120 and am very impressed with it. Power delivery at stop-start speeds is much smoother, and also with deceleration. Anyone with a pillion passenger will welcome not being headbutted anymore with the standard Bonnie's tendency to be jerky on the throttle at low speeds. The motor seems to be stronger under acceleration too. I put the temperature sensor into the air intake snorkel which seems sensible seeing as it's the temperature of the air going into the engine that is the vital issue here. Every T120 should have this thing fitted ...there's no reason not to!

9. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It's 6% increase of fuel mixture at anything other than static throttle isn't it? It may help my Thruxton which occasionally stalls despite official Triumph fix. Where did you buy from?

10. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It's a 6% increase of fuel mixture at anything other than static throttle isn't it? It may help my Thruxton which occasionally stalls despite official Triumph fix. Where did you buy from?

11. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Put mine on yesterday evening, really pleased with it. Worth the money without doubt.

12. miniman68

miniman68 New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    east yorks
    tried a booster plug on my scrambler ,for some reason made gear changes smoother?,took it of after a week and got a ttp ecu tune instead, runs a lot better with a proper tune instead of just using more fuel with booster plug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I can understand that, I plan a PC5 tune with approprite slip ons at some point. BP for the meantime.

14. Wakes

Wakes New Member

Jul 23, 2018
    Manchester
    Fitted booster plug too my T120 Seems smoother low down

• Like Like x 1