Anyone Replace The Immobilizer And It Fixed The Problem?

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Sullivs, Jan 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sullivs

Sullivs Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Weldon Spring, Missouri, USA
    Has anyone in our community replaced the immobilizer, part no. T2504061, and it fixed the "won't start" problem? I purchased a '19 Street Twin that was laid down and scratched up. It came with a funky key, not the original. Everything turned on, except the fuel pump, and the little red immobilizer light is on the speedo.

After rebuilding it, with the help of folks on this forum, I took it to my local dealer who cut a chipped key from the one I had. He hooked up his OBD tool to sync the new key to the bike, and it didn't work. This was at the end of the day, and he said this will take a little more "looking into".

I've read enough posts here to think the immobilizer might be at fault, but I know anything is possible. A new one is more than $1,000.00. I've seen immobilizers on fleabay with the same part number going for as low as $50.00. The same part number T2504061 seems to appear on several models, over several years, too.

Can anyone share with me their experiences with this issue? I want to see if there is any good news out there.

Thanks much,