Thruxton Anyone Know Where I Can Pick Up One Of These Plates

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by MyFirstThruxton, Dec 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MyFirstThruxton

MyFirstThruxton New Member

Dec 31, 2021
    New York
    Hi Everyone,

I picking up a 2009 thruxton this week. This is my first non-carburated bike, and first bike newer from 1979. All older Hondas. But, I saw this on a thruxton for sale, and can't find this anywhere online. Anyone have any leads? I asked the seller and he said it was on the bike when he got it. Let me know.

Screenshot_20211231-183010.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It looks like an old-style front fneder (mudguard) number plate made with the name and located under the headlight instead. Perhaps start with companies that make those plates and see what they can do?

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    MyFirstThruxton.
    Welcome to the family. Yes as Octoberon said it is indeed an early front number plate from an old classic. And yes they still get made. Just google front number plat for classic motorcycle and it should come up or try eBay.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Yes, thanks Joe, where are my manners. :blush: Welcome to the forum, @MyFirstThruxton.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MyFirstThruxton

Dec 31, 2021
    New York
    Awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome! Just found a few online, in the past I found the ones that mount on the fender. Much appreciated fellas!

• Like Like x 4
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    MyFirstThruxton
    That what the peeps here in the asylum are all about. Don't forget to hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and show us all the steed when you get it sorted. And as i said this forum is the best one on the web.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MyFirstThruxton

Dec 31, 2021
    New York
    I'm heading there Thursday, I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait for a starter and EFI and slightly more aggressive ergos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Welcome in to the madhouse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi MyFirstThruxton and welcome to the forum :cool: looks like you have the plate source sorted, looking forward to seeing your new ride :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NatM

NatM New Member

Feb 25, 2021
    Bushmills
    In 1974 I was riding a 1964 Triumph Thunderbird 650 which had a plate like that on the front mudguard. I can remember one day pulling out from a junction at the same time a pedestrian decided to cross the road. By the time I got stopped, his legs were astride the front wheel and if he had been any shorter he might have got de-balled. Luckily no-one got hurt and we went on our way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    You've succinctly outlined the fundamental reason that "pedestrian slicer" plates were withdrawn by manufacturers!

• Agree Agree x 1