Anyone Got Some Spare T-cut? - I've Scratched my Sprint

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rich Bryce, Dec 16, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Took the 955i go-faster-red Sprint out Thursday fortnight back. It was a chilly day, frost hadn't cleared, but I was picking up a brand new Oxford tail bag give-away, so thought it'd be rude to postpone. So I was driving carefully, engine braking approaching lights, touched my brake to let motorists behind know, just as the road went from dry sunlit to wet looking shade, and blow me, next thing I'm skating down the road. The bike stopped dead on the line at the lights, so perfect braking control there. The lady passenger in front, who had been alerted by the riderless bike passing by, jumped out and came to my assistance (just a few bruises; hand, foot and pride), I said black ice, she ran her sole on the ground and said, maybe, but that's diesel you're on.

So do you think a touch of T-Cut will do the trick?
    If you want to see me falling off, here's the video (upside down cuz I had the lens wrong way round from an earlier shoot, d'oh!)

Sprint Fairing.jpg

2. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Feel bad for you man. But, you're still in one piece and we've all had shit luck. It`ll fix. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    Glad you're ok but I new nothing good was going to come of riding on the ceiling.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Yeah, my trickcycling wall-of-death days are over, I can see that now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hard luck mate! If it's the one panel hopefully it's not too big a fix

6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    #6 sprintdave, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    It dont matter how sticky the tyres are when you are unlucky enough to be on diesel spillage or black ice. Been there mate, know how youre feeling. Still, the bike can be repaired, you could not so glad uok and only maybe your ego will stay bruised for a bit. Fair play for putting the video on here, tbh I couldnt . I score it as a 10.
    Just looked at the price for a fairing decal, Fowlers it is 26 quid but they are out of stock, WOT are showing it as £34 both plus vat, dont know if they have any tho.

7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Going to make it my winter project to 'plastic glue' it back together and do a spray job. The bike's not worth a great deal anyway.

8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Shame your not near me as I could do you a good job cheap!

9. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Spoiler alert......Ive just had my local "Chips away" company give me a quote on my car....All seemed good til I turned up at the place he wanted me to leave it to be sprayed....OMG...what a back street tip of a place. Changed my mind & drove off. Now I`m not here to slag off every guy who runs a Chips away franchise, but my experience was an extremely poor one. I had a RS sprint back in 04 , a few weeks in and a steel rope fell from a lorry & smashed a hole in my lovely Caspian blue fairing. I did get it repaired by a local company to me called Sudden Impact...the repair was seem less & since then I`ve had a bit of work done by them & whilst they are a fair few miles from you I guess, a decent repair/paint shop would be my choice of repair any day as opposed to a chips away guy. Like I said, there may be some excellent SMART repair guys out there...I was very unlucky I guess...but then again, I do have treats melt in my hand!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Hope you are ok mate.
    Just a question was the female that rushed over to help good looking? ;)

11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    As said nearly a year ago now so know doubt all forgot about and no doubt got a different bike,
    Definitely more than T cut required lol :D:D:D:D:D

12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    To make a statement like this You obviously didn't spend much time with him at the GMU

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    You saying we've a disconnected member on here steve?

14. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    At my age Gary, they're pretty much all good looking.

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Actually I do still have it mate. Keep meaning to Gumtree it for a bit of cash. Sold the pannier mounts on Saturday to a lad from our club for £50.

16. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’ll rust away before you sell it pal!