Anyone got HID headlights?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SpankyHam, Jun 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    My mates got them on his moped thing and they are bright as fook and light the road up really well. I m thinking of upgrading the lights on the Daytona to them. Just wondered if anybody has done this already?

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Wanted to upgrade mine are these the ones that you have to change before an MOT of can you leave them in ?

3. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Officially you need to change them but I very much doubt they would ever notice or be able to tell.

4. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Good point :upyeah:

5. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    I'm looking at getting HID's with lenses and constructing some plastic covers to replace the glass headlights. That way you don't have to change them for MOT and you get a much smoother coverage. Not sure when I'll get around to doing it but will try and post some pics when I do.

6. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Good idea - might be a bog job making Perspex lenses though?

7. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Hey spanky. What bike are you riding? I'm going to look at getting some vacuum formed lenses made up. If they're any good might get a few sets made up for the 955 sprint. Cash is pretty tight right now, but do want to get a set on my bike before the winter sets in!