Anyone Else Had Trouble With A T100 Gas Gauge?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by David Reynolds, May 29, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Reynolds

Jun 26, 2020
    Browns Valley CA
    Mine appears to be stuck...went for a 50 mile ride today and gauge still shows above 200 in tank.

Just wondering if these gas gauges are prone to having issues, hopefully it will re-calibrate and self correct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    I bought a new T100 a year last March and have had problems with the fuel gauge. My problem was, no matter how hard I tried to sqeeeeze in more fuel the gauge wouldn't show more than 7 bars. At first my dealer changed the rev counter, and handed the bike back to me, but that hadn't solved the problem. Next they changed the sender unit which cured it. Now the eighth bar works but only when the tank is totally full to the brim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

FWIW I’m pretty sure my Speed Twin gauge sticks around 100 miles. From what I’ve seen, very similar set up. Hovers up and down for 20-30 miles. Potential 3rd warranty issue. 1800 miles on the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Little glitches on my 2020 T100 I figured were just quirks, but now I'm wondering if there's a problem: Doesn't reset to show full until sometime after I've filled it and ridden a bit; the miles to go indicator can fluctuate strangely. Will have to pay closer attention to the bars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes my 2018 exactly the same. It does sometimes and others it just stays about 5 bars. But eventually does rise.
    Joe.

6. David Reynolds

Jun 26, 2020
    Browns Valley CA
    Now seems to be working OK, more or less. Wonder if I filled the tank so full that one time that it simply took forever for the gauge to register any depletion at all? Lets face it these gauges are not very precise even on a good day with wild fluctuations beyond what you might expect from changes in m/c orientation during a routine ride.