Sprint Anyone else feel like this is the best road bike you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Hutchism, Sep 5, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Just wondering if anyone else is as stoked with their Sprint as I am with mine? I absolutely love mine. (Mine's a late 955 Spint RS)

Seems like such an underrated machine. Not too big or overly heavy. The weight it does have makes it very planted and stable. Plenty of midrange power when ever you want it. An engine you could listen to wine all day. Doesn't beg to be thrashed in quite the same way as some inline fours do. Ok-good on fuel. Triple being the best compromise between a twin and a four. Comfy enough to lap up the miles. Also, cause its a Triumph even my nan likes it! :)

So why doesn't everyone have one? :upyeah:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    bit late but yes, I concur. I had one from 2006 to 2009 which is longest ive ever had a bike. Did 2 euro tours fully loaded on it. Lucifer orange and a brilliant handling bike
    Al

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paulie

Paulie Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Yes Hutchism, I totally agree with you! The Sprint ST 955i (2004) that I had was (without any doubt) my most favourite bike! The best handling/curving/sounding from all 12 different bikes (twins & fours) that I had owned/rode before. I had it for 2 years and enjoyed every mile with a big grin:upyeah::upyeah: Now I just purchased a Daytona 955i from 2002, I hope I enjoy this one as much as my Sprint :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I love the look of the Daytona, still think it's one of the best looking bikes ever - nearly bought a new one in '97 but couldn't get on with the riding position.

5. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 6, 2014
  6. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    1050 ST from 06 to 12

Loved it, still regret selling to fund the Explorer