Anybody See This. Fines For Overingrunning Time

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Jun 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Saw this today and nearly fell of my chair. This is Great Britain. Or should it be isle of rip offs.
    Two grieving sisters have been fined £200 after their father's funeral overran by just 48 seconds as they said their final goodbyes.
    Hayley James and Mandy Pinney had wanted a few minutes alone with father Terry James before closing the curtain at Grimsby Crematorium, North East Lincolnshire.
    They had the last 40 minutes slot of the day, and wanted to touch their father's coffin one last time, and said nobody else was waiting outside to get in.
    Read more: Mourners fined while at 29-year-old man's funeral (Daily Record)
    But their funeral directors were sent a bill from North East Lincolnshire Council for £200, demanding payment for going over their allotted time by just 48 seconds.
    Ms James said: 'After the main service my sister and I wanted to touch dad's coffin one last time and close the curtain.
    'Staff at the crematorium watched us.
    Read more: Council fined daughter grieving daughter after funeral overran by 10 minutes (The i)
    'We were taken to the coffin by the funeral director and they watched us the whole time.
    'I could understand it if we were five or 10 minutes over our time. But just by seconds is

• WTF WTF x 5
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Robbing bastards, I'd be happy to let it go to court if this is full disclosure of fact.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My mum’s funeral was the first of the day, we arrived well in time but were kept waiting around 10 mins for the doors to open. At the end of the service they were just short of physically pushing us out to let the next lot in, who unfortunately was a biker, so there was a lot of revving of bikes outside, my dad had very little time to say his final goodbye to his partner of 67 years!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Rip off Britain indeed.... My Dad was an undertaker, never had any problems like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Crispey
    Doesn't it just make you want to grab and shake someone. Don't think it the parlour rather than local authorities.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    John Scorcher. Yes this was from the press. Like you when I buried my wife and then two Sons in Slough. They were so helpful and couldn't do enough and no rushing.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Big Sandy.
    Yes I suppose he was the one that cared. And money didn't mater.
    Regards
    Joe.

8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A sad progress?? with time!
    No doubt someone had targets and KPI's to meet without exceeding budgets :mad:

The good old days weren't all bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That really is disgraceful and disrespectful.

I was at a friends funeral yesterday at a Crematorium, his service started a 10.45 the next one was at 11.30.
    As we were leaving the Crematorium via a side door the undertaker from the next funeral was about to enter the Crematorium.
    To me it’s just like a production line and all about money even at sad and emotional times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Eldon
    You were right when this nation was the greatest and one and all stood together. Now it's overrun with foreigners wanting to rip us all off. Not to mention our own authorities that we voted in to their cushy jobs. Just told my beloved that should I go first flog the body of for mature or leave it outside the mortuary doors with a note to say free to vendor.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sorry for your loss Tiglet. Unfortunately these days it’s just a business, and with any business there’s profits to maximise. :pensive:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet.
    Condolences to all the Family and yourself. At least they got to say goodbye with some dignity. God bless and keep the family and friends strong.
    God Bless
    Joe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Freck.
    There's also dignity and parting from someone we love. Not a machine or a party venue.
    Regards
    Joe.

14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I fully understand that freck, hence why I said “to me it’s just like a production line”

Like most things in life nowadays its got to make a profit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet.
    They make enough without humiliating family. My brother in law died two years ago six grand that cost. Before flowers and food and bits and pieces.
    Regards
    Joe.

16. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Sure, he always said it was a dead end job.... :)

Its not the funeral director at fault though, it's the crematorium. I could understand them charging extra if there was others waiting, but it's actually their fault for overbooking if that's the case.

All depends on the council that runs the place, and ultimately down to the manager. Obviously a jobsworth.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Tell you what I like the look of, bit of a morbid subject like, but...

I saw an advert some time back, you get put in a biodegradable egg shape pod, with a sapling. The tree uses you as its source of nutrients, and grows strong... So you don't get a cemetery, you get woodland. It's a nice thought.

I must look for it again.

EDIT.... What does it say that I have actually been looking? Feeling my own mortality or what?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Big Sandi.
    Glad we are normal and can manage a little joke about it. Made me smile which is unusual for me. But did he work in the dead centre of town.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wasn't there one once were they turned you ashes into a diamond for future family.
    Regards
    Joe.

20. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    LOL... Pretty much :) He was actually the only person I know who got done for speeding in a hearse.... :rolleyes:

I remember seeing the diamond thing. But hey, aren't we all diamonds in the rough anyway? :)

• Like Like x 2