Any Videos On How To Change Rear Tire?

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by mgordonvegas8, Mar 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mgordonvegas8

mgordonvegas8 New Member

Oct 21, 2021
    san antonio tx
    looking for guidance on how to remove the rear wheel and replace the tire. I already have a replacement tire purchased but I have never removed a wheel from a single sided swingarm bike before.

If anyone knows of any videos showing how this is done on a t595/955i please reply with the link or vid?

Thanks much

Martin G

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    mgordonvegas8
    Welcome to the family. Tyres to much hassle just take it to a dealer let them do it. That way you are covered.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    You'll need a paddock stand for single sided swingarm, right size socket for the wheel nut, around 40mm if I remember right, you'll also need to be able to balance the tyre once you've fitted your new tyre and a set of tyre levers. If you haven't got all this equipment already or will make use of it then it makes sense to just take your tyre to a garage and get them to do it as the cost of the equipment would take you a while to make your money back.

Obviously if you want to do it just for the fun of doing it then go for it buddy, but tyre changing is one of those one that doesn't really cost that much to get done. Get yourself a haynes manual, tells you everything you need to know about your bike and has how to remove the rear wheel in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Tried it once on a MX bike, never again. Find a place that will do foreigners for cash. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    #5 Yorkshireman, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    It’s more hassle than it’s worth. Let a professional do it, it doesn’t cost too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Tyre changing isn't that difficult, if you have the right tools and MO. Breaking the bead of the old tyre is the hard bit so a bespoke bead breaker or some other method is a must.Then it's just tyre levers and rim protectors. The tyre type will dictate how easy/hard it is. Relatively high profile tyres like those on the Scrambler and dirt bikes are much easier than wide, low profile performance tyres which are way more hassle. I buy tyres for the ZZR from a local National Tyres as the price is good and includes fitting. If you've never changed one don't already own the tools then it's certainly easier and probably cheaper to get it professionally fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    And don't forget with a Scrambler you also have the possibility of nipping the inner tube. :sob::sob::sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I have 4mm HD tubes, in the dirt bike and the Scrambler front wheel, which are more difficult to handle but not quite as easy to pinch.