Any Tips Or Recomdndation On The 1200xc Scram Owners Could Share?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BePacMan, Aug 9, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BePacMan

BePacMan Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Central America
    Hello to all,
    Happy to say I am back on a Scram!!! Had it for a couple of weeks bought with some nice extras and some overkill stuff already removed and also made some upgrades. In general very happy but as the thread title mentions I would really appreciate anything current owners see and feel from the bike. Thanks and ride safe!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RebelHawk

RebelHawk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2020
    SC, USA
    I had a 2019 1200XE showroom display model that had all the bells and whistles installed. I freak'n loved that bike! I only owned it for a little over a year and managed a little over 6k miles that was mostly two lane blacktop in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with some dual track off road mountain roads. The bike handled everything I wanted to do very well. With the single side panner it gave me enough luggage for small grocery runs and storage for a couple of overnight runs with some of my KTM friends. At no point did I feel the bike was outclassed by anyone I ran with.

That was until the 1 year oil change. I had noticed I had some issues slipping into 1st and when it did it was with more pressure than it felt it should have been and with a very pronounced "thunk" sound. When I pointed that out to the service manager he called in one this techs and they started, stopped and shifted it over and over. Then they broke out their phones to record the sounds it was making and told me they were going to call Triumph and inquire into this further as it sounded suspicions. I walked away from them and up to my sales rep and asked what they would give me on a trade for a just uncrated 2021 Rocket 3 GT. I never saw that 1200XE again.

I did love the 1200XE with it's amazing looking and unique styling. Living in the southeast USA you only see Harleys and the ninja crowd and not much in between. No matter where I pulled up I always got a conversation going on what it was where I was planning on going next. I'm sure you'll get miles of smiles on that XC for years to come but if you happen to heard a clunking from the transmission make sure you ask about it while under warranty.

Fond memories...

IMG_2279.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. BePacMan

BePacMan Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Central America
    Wow, thanks for your feedback and will be paying attention. I traded in my glorious 2014 Tiger 1200 corner carver for this 2020 Scram with a little under 4K miles. I know the bikes origin it was bought new from a friend and I had rode it once in 2020 when he bought it. Really sad to hear you had to give yours up tobut when time comes and if you wish it will be easier to trade up from the Rocket to a Scram. I have had the pleasure of riding and adjusting suspension on two Rockets, an R and a GT triple black and they are a blast!! You must be you have to look like the Joker every time you are on that beast!! Thanks again for your reply.

4. daveejayuk

daveejayuk New Member

Jul 13, 2022
    Wallasey
    Have to share a rundown of what you have ditched as far as overkill stuff goes? I have ditched the cat on my 2021 model XE by swapping the exhaust to a 2019 unit, mine turned up with teh engine bars and headlamp protector and led indicators witha rack and a bag fitted to left die, be interested to get your thoughts on how your changes have helped or hindered things