765 Any New Colours Coming For 2020 Street Triple Rs?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Richard Cheek, Dec 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Cheek

Richard Cheek Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Hi all

I have recently sold my 2017 STR 675 and am planning to buy a new 2020 Street Triple RS in the Spring. Has anyone heard on the grapevine if Triumph are planning to release any new colours for the RS in the UK? The matt black is quite nice, not a huge fan of grey and that's the extent of the choice! Personally I'd love a blue or green option but not heard any rumours of new colours so thought I'd ask around on here.

Cheers

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Hopefully not the primer grey colour that seem to be popular these days...: unamused:

3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Buy one. Get it "wrapped" in the colour of your choice. Enjoy its uniqueness. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Good shout. Is that expensive? Forgive my ignorance!

5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

To be honest, I'm not sure about likely cost but I don't THINK it's anywhere near the cost of a respray or similar. It's certainly worth thinking about if you're not keen on the new colour 'range' (and I'd wholeheartedly agree) and do want something different - and I assume that you could remove the tank and rad. panels yourself to keep costs down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    I didn’t think I would like the grey myself until I saw it on the flesh. Now I am not a fan of the black and love the grey. Mine is an R though. I think the RS have a slightly different grey - more glossy which I didn’t like C19C5084-E2EA-41CD-BD3F-8C982C4161C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Richard, re the Street Triple 765rs, the colour's for 2020 remain the same, at least for now, they are Matt Black and Silver Ice, I bought a new one in September 2019 in Matt Black, (well swapped in for my 1956 T100), after a few months I regretted my choice of colour, it was a nightmare to keep clean, it was easily marked from hand contact that stood out awful, it was a pig to keep looking good, even using a specific Matt Polish, I traded it in for another new RS in late September 2020, its a step up from the 2019 model in lots of respects, however this time I opted for the Silver Ice, I had to wait another month to get one in that colour, the Triumph Factory has loads of Matt Black ones but few in the Silver Ice, from what I gather like my experience with the Matt Black this seemed to echo other people's experience, hence the Matt Black is not as popular. The Silver Ice is not a Matt finish, it has a pigment in the paint that makes it really "sparkle" for want of a better word. I did contemplate a wrap for the Matt Black but decided against it, I also considered letting 8 Ball do a custom paint job, the bike is delivered direct to them for painting, Triumph do a few Specials by 8 Ball, however the cost is high, hence cheaper to get a new model in the colour I should have had, it wasn't the only reason I changed but the biggest factor. I have attached a couple of pics of my previous RS in Matt Black and current one in Silver Ice. It's personal preference though as we are all different. Ride safe all.

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I find Triumph paint jobs fairly bland, ended up getting my RS resprayed.
    Not to everybody's taste, but I like it :cool:

20201013_163105.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Big gripe of mine is the color schemes Triumph offer, especially on the roadsters! made worse if you don't like matte paint :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I agree, what happened to the days of Nuclear Red, Roulette Green, Purple, Orange, Blue etc etc, the current paint schemes are dull and boring on the Street and Triple range, now production is moving abroad let's hope we get better paint jobs, like you andyc1 I don't like Matte paint on bikes.

11. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    We're becoming a monochrome society, primer grey is now the most popular colour....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Richard Cheek

Mar 23, 2019
    Maidstone
    Thanks for the replies. A mate of mine has the matt black rs and he says the same as you Iceman......gorgeous when cleaned but a major palaver to actually get (and keep) clean. I won't be getting one until March at the earliest so hopefully Triumph might have released an extra colour or two by then. If not, sounds like the grey might be the "easier" choice to live with. Roll on March, better weather and hopefully Boris allowing us to go out again

• Like Like x 2