Any Experience With (france) Crit'air Stickers?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Jonas, May 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Oct 8, 2020
    Germany
    Hi folks,

planning a trip to France I need to get a Crit'Air sticker on my bike. Don't like to glue it permanently on my bike, so I'm looking for any kind of removable support for such sticker. There are several types if you browse the french online shops, from single use plastic to tube or flt shaped variants.
    Has anyone figured out what is street legal (or at least widely accepted) in France? And what are your practical experience with such stickers?
    Grateful for any experience you can share. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jonas

2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    Arrr....french red tape, love it :joy:

about 15 years ago was in a convoy of cars coming back from le mans 24 hr, 10 cars 5 brits, 5 dutch. Jolly little gendames pulled us all into the services. All 5 brits fined 80 euros all the dutch lads let go, they did buy us lunch at baie les somme (?spelling) so not so bad (the dutch not the gendames!) :joy::joy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    They're not country wide and I tend to ride away from the main areas, so I just avoid the cities that use them when I go :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'd never even heard of these stickers.. I tend to avoid cities like the plague anyway, so never had any need for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I don't have one on my bike, like 99.9% of the riders there.
    It's used in big cities, only during pollution peaks, and they point cars and it would be really really unlucky they spot a foreign tourist bike for that .

The few ones that put the crit air sticker are the one that commute in big cities.

I know in Germany this was put in place way before other countries.
    A german friend gave me the black pirate one to put on my Volvo 240 Turbo :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1