Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Rideout Any Decent Rides Around Colne?

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Smilinjack, Jun 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Elite Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    I'm staying near Colne, Lancs overnight, and was debating a bit of a ride somewhere local. Just pitched up at the hotel, tempting to get a Guiness and some crisps but it's a nice area. Give me some guidance in case l stay awake long enough to fire up the Torrey Canyon and nip out for an hour :)

2. FarkyNell

FarkyNell Member

Aug 17, 2016
    manchester
    Colne, Padiham, over Pendle Hill to Clitheroe, Waddington, Newton in Boland, Dunsop Bridge over to Quernmore and then back either the same way or loop back via Caton and Slaidburn and back via Clitheroe and Padiham the way you came. That should do you but have a look at the weather, think storm hector is on the way so maybe crisps and guiness will be the better option tonight.

3. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Elite Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    You may be right. Sky has certainly changed since my post :confused:

4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Elite Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    No ride last night and by Jove it's blowing a bit today! Like being in a washing machine :grinning:

5. XCaTel

XCaTel New Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    You are spoilt for choice! Here are two long rides which are very well known by the local community I'm sure. Slide2.JPG The second is the Tom Tom route in the MyDrive App and the 1st is from a German Touring website.
    Slide1.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Elite Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    #6 Smilinjack, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Thanks for that mate. Maybe next time as off to a job in Blackburn now. Back here late summer for 2-3 days prob so will note those. :)

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    I’m up in that area next week so will have a mooch around that area

8. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Elite Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    I like it up there. Walked up Pendle Hill last summer, walked the MTB trails in Gisburn Forest but not done much on the roads. Happy hunting! :)