Any cleaning tips or product recomendations?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by SpankyHam, May 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Hi guys

As the nice weather is coming it got me in the mood for cleaning the bike (it doesn't happen often!)

I've just ordered a small pot of dodo juice banana armour which should be arriving this week to wax the bike with and I have also ordered a snow foam lance and foam for the cars. I was just wondering has anybody had any success using snow foam on bikes?

Also while I am in the mood for cleaning does anybody have any other cleaning kit or products that they can recommend?

Cheers - Jonny

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    i use motorex 900 for the engine cases ,i was recommended it and tried it on the speedmaster and worked great ,just spray on for 5 mins then was off with water and wipe off ,can be used on chrome,paint, doen't hurt rubber or plastic and biodegradeable.

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Spanky if your offering I'll bring it round and you can try your snowflake lance on it...

4. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Great I need a 'test bike' just to make sure it doesn't knacker the electrics!!

5. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Is that like muc off? I used muc off on the motocross bikes and I use a similar product from J and S now.

WD40 also works well as a polish on the metal parts of the bike, gives a bit of protection too

6. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    When I cleaned mine I didn't do the whole bike just the engine and surrounding areas but didn't have any effect on the electrics, there is a bit about in on You-tube ,have a look

7. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    I think very similar to Muck off ,I was a bit sceptical about it until I took the plunge and did it ,the engine cases look great now for a 8 year old bike, going to use it on my british iron see how it works on them.

8. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Muc off works well, spray on, agitate and rinse off, also their dry chain cleaner is the best I've ever used and @ 5.99 a tin its pretty cheap too. And a tip i picked up of the 1k rr forum is baby wipes(cheapo own brand ones) They are brilliant at removing dead flies, brake dust and general grime and leave a nice finish on the matt surfaces you can't polish - alcohol free and makes the mancave smell less like a mancave - result :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Good tip mr h. also there good as emergency bog roll if you run out too. The baby wipes not the muc off obviously

• Like Like x 2
  10. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    PMSL This forum is worse than 1krr!! and that took some beating - please no beating meat comments!

11. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Always here to help! :upyeah:

12. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    And polishing your helmet in the mancave can be very satisfying :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  13. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    That reminds me I must move the wireless router closer to the mancave.... for surfing the forum for tips obviously :wink:

14. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Is bird lime the female equivalent of man fat?