Antipodean Rant (of Sorts)...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NZ Westie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NZ Westie

NZ Westie Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    Well, I have to say I am fed up of the heat........

By 10 am, it can already be too hot to be arsed changing from tee shirt, shorts and jandals to putting on jeans, shoes, bike jacket, gloves and helmet etc and go for a ride. Leave it later than that, it's even hotter and the tar on the road surface could be melting and spraying up on the bike. Add to that the chip seal coming loose and flicking out of your tyres, potentially damaging to your rims, radiator, other paintwork etc...

I wish that NZ Transport could learn to make roads that don't melt.

So, I am over summer already. Alas, I am also on holiday until the 29th January (been off since December 12th) so this adds to my misery.

Fortunately, there is always a cold beer to help in my anguish...

summer 1.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    NZ Westie
    Now you are just taking the piss. We Brits are going out there in the cold riding in the rain and you give us a picture of sunshine and beer. Not even a bike in the photo. Gone right of you.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    And I notice you aren't to put off by the heat ! That lawn looking good And Freshly Mowed ! Not more than a couple of days ago, from my experience with summer lawn up keep in Sunny Downtown WA !

Enjoy the beer but don't get TOO SUN BURNT ! That'll really give the Boys in Blighty the sh!te's... LoL

• Like Like x 6
  4. NZ Westie

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    Sorry to hear about the rain and cold.
    It's late afternoon and fortunately it's cooled right down to around 22 °C now as it is getting really cloudy and stormy looking...

cloud.jpg

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Capt
    Gone right of you to. Here it is 04:45 I am just getting ready to go to work it's cold its drizzling. And I am looking at a way I can send you two all our clouds especially the rain ones.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    NZ Westie.
    One little cloud and you complain. Over here we can't even see the sky. Like I said to Capt I am going to find a way to send you both all our clouds and rain.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Christ almighty! All that moaning about temperatures, melting roads etc etc and he leaves his beer in the sun! Amateur

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    And drinks it from a wine glass!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HughJarse

HughJarse Well-Known Member

May 8, 2017
    Two unpredictable teams this season BB3, good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    COYI

11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    90 minutes of pain whatever stadium it's in :joy::joy: wrong shaped ball, professional cheats and no respect = poor role models (generalisation I know) :imp::imp:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I know but it don’t make it any easier

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:joy::joy::joy:BURNLEY:eek:FFS:joy::joy::joy:

15. NZ Westie

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    #13 NZ Westie, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    But it was skilfully placed on a jandal, on a sloping lawn... and it didn't stay in the sun much longer...

You mean you don't?... o_O :)
    Oh, I think have worked it out... where you are it's cold, and the beer is warm so it doesn't matter. But here it's warm and sunny, and the beer is cold, and in a wine glass (being thinner and less thermal mass than a pint pot), it stays colder....

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NZ Westie

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    In an attempt to steer this thread back on course - which I fear is a lost cause (about the same of which can be said for Wet Ham), today I've taken advantage of the cloudy morning and lower temperatures to get out on the Street Twin.

Sun is beginning to burn off the clouds now and it's getting quite warm, so I'm thinking that a few strawberries and a glass of chardonnay might be nice... or maybe I'll just go with some home brew cider... :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    He rides a bmw........

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    NZ Westie and my good self might appreciate some of your clouds and especially the the rain ones ! Over here in WA we can next expect rain in about three (3) ! Months time ! So some cloudy break's in our 40°c+ day after day would be much appreciated ! But please no more than two days consecutive and no more than 5 days all up ! If you can't supply that then feck off or come and join us !!! There's plenty or spaces vacant, average of 1 square mile per WA resident ...... !

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 2
  19. NZ Westie

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    @capt - you do have some serious extremes over in WA, don't think I'd cope with the heat there, I'd be quite happy without the humidity and rain though as we get heaps here - bit of a Catch 22 though as we're on tank water out here in the wops (Pommes are probably scratching their heads now).

Today has remained overcast so far, warm and humid, which brings the brown arsed flies that buzz around at high speed annoying the fek out of me - can hear them but can't see them. I've found that emptying one can of fly spray in a frantic frenzy deals with them for 10 minutes or so, pisses the missus off too....

20. NZ Westie

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    So, in a bid to placate those who feel it improper to drink beer from a wine glass, I offer this photo (taken not an hour ago), from a similar vantage point of a glass of home brew cider - once again expertly (though I say it myself) balanced on my jandal.

cider.jpg

Those familiar with Australia will note the complete lack of worry about being in bare feet here in NZ, due to the lack of anything poisonous (spiders, snakes, politicians etc) hiding in the long grass and bush.

Please note also the grey cloud.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    37°c forecast today, 39°c or higher tomorrow, Happy HOT New year's Day ... Will put small paddle Pool up tomorrow if it gets real Hot :) !

No humidity thank god , or it would be an hour's run to the beach from Here to get a good cooling off.

Nice work with your Jandal or Thongs as us Aussies call them, better to keep your drink safe than wear them out on your feet ... LoL

• Like Like x 1
  22. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    We’ll have a whip round!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  23. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    And you’ll note that one of those murdered black arsed flies’ sons has taken revenge and pissed in your cider
    9F4F8067-C870-4A87-8ADB-C0767FE2503F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3