Anti-vibration H4 Bulbs

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Undermoose, May 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Undermoose

Undermoose Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    I purchased some brighter bulbs for my 2019 Speed Triple RS. I went with OSRAM Night Breaker Laser H4 Next Generation, but someone suggested on use of anti-vibration H4 bulbs as replacements are a better option.

I've never used anti-vibration bulbs, never had issues on my Street Triple back in 2011/2012 (16k miles and might have lost 1 bulb? not sure about that). I don't expect issues on my speedy, but maybe others have experience and suggest using them? Just curious.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The basic rule of thumb with bulbs is that the brighter they are the less durable they are. You pays your money.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Undermoose

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    True, the brighter the bulb the less life. Makers rate their bulb life, and the night breakers are at 50%.

What I am curious about is bulbs like the PIAA anti-vibration. Anyone have experience with them?

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I don’t think PIAA have crossed the Pond to any significant degree.

However, marketing is designed to maximise the gap between reality and cost of production/promotion. I tend to put auto bulbs in the same category as. cosmetics......if you want a cheaper anti ageing cream ladies use haemorrhoid cream - it’s pretty much the same stuff minus the purring model/actress! Aren’t all bulbs somewhat anti-vibration?

5. Undermoose

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    Marketers are evil.

I'd imagine all bulbs must be anti vibration, but motorcycles have more vibration than cars.

Why no full LED on Triumph yet?