Another World Title....and Another Save!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Nov 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Congratulations to Marc Marquez 2017 Moto GP Champion..he gave me a few scares throughout the final race at Valencia:eek:..worst/best one was another of his unbelievable saves..

• Like Like x 3
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah he deserves the title and like you I jumped out of my seat when he went off track :eek:
    The way he saves them front wheel and two wheel slides beggars belief :eek:
    The guy is a motorcycle genius and only 24yrs old :cool:
    I've really enjoyed this years moto gp :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    When i got home and watched it again on the tv i was surprised to hear the comentators going on about Lorenzo not letting dovi pass as it looked to me Dovi was getting help with Lorenzos pace (i didn't know at the time Lorenzo was getting the "Suggested Map 8" text from his crew) as Dovi has since said he was happy to sit behind Lorenzo as he was pushing as hard as he could and Lorenzo was helping him by being in front,i i imagine Lorenzo knew this, so thats why he ignored the "Suggestion" from his crew. i've no doubt he would have left a gap for him to pass if circumstances changed in the race

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    To be fair Ade if i had just been watching it on TV i would have thought the same as you, the commentators are just watching it on monitors too, so often they miss things that are happening off camera..mind you there are times on tv i've noticed someone coming off or some other incident and the comentators have missed it,i think at times they are that busy talking to notice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah he's retiring along with Nick Harris who does all the pre/post race interviews with the podium guys..i think there is someone else leaving too but can't remember who..maybe Toby will be asked back

7. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    I think MM is an arrogant little shite but he is an amazing alien rider.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i can think of a couple of riders who are arrogant,but i would say MM is one of the least arrogant riders..saying that if anyone has the right to be arrogant he has!!

• Agree Agree x 5