Thruxton Another Ultimate Addons Mounting Option

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Dave Roxburgh, Sep 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    I wanted to mount my Ultimate Addons satnav holder but I didn't fancy messing with the top yolk nut.

Their Clamp Bolt attachment along with their 25mm 3 Inch Metal Extender Adapter looked like it would be ideal but unfortunately it doesn't fit where the handlebar is bolted to the riser as the outside diameter of the aluminium tube is too large for it to fit in the recess in the riser.

I did mount it on the clutch clamp but then it's off to the side quite a way and obscures the switch gear.

So I got the grinder out and reduced the diameter of the tube so it could attach to the bar riser.

The attached photos show the rider's eye view and how it's mounted.

I haven't actually tried it out on the road yet but it's looking pretty good so far.

Not sure what I'll do for power - I know the Thruxton has a USB charge port under the saddle but I've heard it's very under-powered, or at least it was on earlier models.

20190903_221200.jpg

20190903_220409.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    Well, I installed the Ultimate Addons 12v to micro-USB power supply and the end result was spot-on.

I removed the standard Triumph under-saddle USB power supply and connected in its place the Ultimate Addons power supply so it gets a switched supply and so isn't on when the ignition is switched off -- so it won't drain the battery.

I put the 12v-to-5v adapter box in the left-hand side-panel.

With the tank off, you can easily open up the plastic wiring harness conduit box and route the power supply up to the front f the bike in there - it pops out just before the head stock.

Yeah, all good - the display position is just about perfect.

• Like Like x 1