Another Rant (neighbor From Hell)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Mar 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #1 Tricky-Dicky, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Sorry guys but have to vent and bit of a long story, 8 years ago we where finally able to buy a property and then found we had noisy inconsiderate neighbors loud music drunken shouting etc we tried for four years to just get on and ignor it and the night of no sleep and generally tried to be good neighbors but after an incdent where the guy shouted and swore at my wife (i wanted to go and have a go but she wouldn't let me he is more than half my age and about twice my size....unfortunately) anyway after that the gloves where of and i made complaint to the housing association he rents from and then to the noise dept at the local council (think concert levels of music in the garden and house) so when to the council noise team and with other complaint from near neighbors he finally stopped.

But since then he has blamed us for stopping his fun and get the occasional glare etc but we have no contact he did try and bill us for his fence that came down along with ours in the high winds in August lat year but we ignored it and waited to be taken to court for and act of god ...right!

Anyway all has been reasonably quiet apart from him breaking a couple of slats out of the trellis which i just repaired as i didn't want the aggro until last night when we heard things hitting our window and when outside to find plants being thrown over the fence and him shouting abuse and being threatening which bothers both me and the wife so i said i have had enough and i am calling the police so hes starts calling me a see you next Tuesday and other things and banging on the fence so police did turn up about two hours later and log the complaint this morning i take pics of the plants strewn everywhere and then notice that he has damaged the fence so i am now logging a charge of criminal damage and may get him arrested.

Have been onto the housing association and logged the antisocial behavior but they wont do much done the same with the council and seeing the police again this afternoon,

Just finding this all a bit much with the stress of the prostate cancer and the wife is very nervous and i just wish i was 30 years younger and twice my size and i could teach him the error of his ways but all i can do is resort to every legal tool i can think of to try and sort him out ...too bad i no longer know some of the guys used to as he would be a permanent hospital resident by now which is the only language he would understand.

Not how i envisioned my retirement in the country i would move but cant afford to now!:(
    Any suggestions of better ways to deal with this appreciated...but i cant afford a hit.

Sorry rant over.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Maybes we have a forum meet up in Norfolk at your place and when he sees the number of mates you have, will realise it could get a bit uncomfortable for him if he persists.

And obviously all within the LAW;)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    So sorry you are having to go through this, having to endure bad neighbours can be a horrendous nightmare. I think you are taking the only actions available to you, and the only thing I can suggest is that you document everything and try to record (video and/or audio) any incidents for evidence.

A few years back I lived next to an extemely noisy idiot, fortunately for me the house was only a short term temporary solution whilst I was getting back on my feet after a relationship breakup had left me with sweet FA.

I really hope you have some better luck soon, both with your health and home.

Edit: Wishbone beat me to it...
    Perhaps we ought to organise a TTF meetup at your place, and make our presence known to your neighbour ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

What a Feckin twat :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I wish I was closer to you and I’d be round to help :mad:

• Like Like x 7
  5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    You put on the kettle on prep the bacon rolls and 30 of us can pop over and introduce your neighbour to the brotherhood. Our head of diplomatic relations @DozersDad can educate the scumbag how we feel about a fellow biker being impacted this way. If that don't work we can always re-plant the thrown shrubbery up his arse, I'm sure Dilligaf could knock up some engineering marvel to assist in the bottom re-planting process.

In all seriousness I know first hand how stressful this situation can be, often these types are pussy's and once put squarely back in their box stop. Unfortunately in my case the only way to achieve this was violence which I'm not proud of, albeit it had the desired effect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Wishbone

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    So who close is up for a ride out to Norfolk, pick a date reckon about 20-30 of us should do it?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #7 Tricky-Dicky, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Thanks for the support guys its appreciated:) ...just need to try and de-stress as its not good for me...the wife has already chewed all her fingernails off that she was trying to regrow.

Unfortunately he is of the type that will only understand a really good hiding and i really wish i was in a position to deal with it but alas not these days.....
    i am basically a placid and freandly sort an will get on with almost anyone and dont like confrontation ...but push me too far and i have a dark side and wouldn't want to put the wife through that as they say the older you get the less of a deterrent life imprisonment.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Sorry to hear about this, it cannot be easy for you or your wife to live under such a potentially anxious situation.

Make sure you keep an upto date log of all incidents, both written and visual, with times, dates etc. Don't do anything to aggravate and or escalate the situation, and for anything that may happen in the future make sure you've got a cast iron alibi first.

I wish you well, as we all do, with your health as well as that of your wife's.

Oldfart

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I have two things to say repooh :

1. I like the way you volunteer DD to be at the front of this visit &

2. Typing away in the safety of your own home is not quite the same as fronting up to someone face to face and suffering any consequences which may come front it.

@Tricky-Dicky - really sorry to hear about this mate, I've had neighbours like this in the past and eventually one of them beat the crap out of me and sent me to hospital. It's not good for you or your family.

Manys the day I've thought about a quick visit appropriately tooled up, but if the local plod got involved and I got put away, wouldn't that be worse ? (still tempting tho')

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wishbone

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    The police are gonna be too busy protecting the Elite/ politicians and their food supplies to wory about some a**wipe being "politely asked to desist"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    As the last paragraph eluded you completely, I said, I have been in that situation, so not the brave writings of a desk based hero but someone, as I said, who knows the stress this causes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I lived for a few years with a similar neighbour.

One day I saw him struggling to get his jack under the car, as he had a puncture (;))

So stepped over the boundary and picked the back end of his car up. Both wheels off the ground. He got the jack under... Gave me such a funny look too. He did say thanks...

Funny thing, he was polite as you like after that.

Yeah, I used to be a bit hefty in my 20's.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Scrambled head

Scrambled head Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Sussex
    I had a similar situation a few years ago, it got so bad my wife got admitted to hospital, she has ulcerated colitis and the stress made her very ill.
    We followed the official channels with diaries etc and eventually got the bastards evicted by the council, luckily it was a rental so we were able to do this.
    Good luck mate and try and do the right thing it should work eventually!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    What a sad state of affairs, you really need the evidence to pass to the police or housing association, have you thought of installing CCTV?

My son has a similar problem with the neighbours from hell in a rented property and having installed CCTV the problems have lessened, he also has hard evidence should things get worse again.

• Like Like x 4
  15. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Sorry you have to put up with that fucking nonsense fucking twats,I’m afraid if it were me I would resort to paying some heavies to kick his cunt in,a bit drastic maybe but some folk will just not listen to reason and violence is the only thing that they understand,you should not have to put up with that shit get yourselve cctv for evidence.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Yes a previous post about CCTV was because of his damaging the fence but thought it had all died down...but now its looking like we will have to install some CCTV....hummm! CCTV or pay for a good kicking i know where i would go... but some hard evidence on my side may help more....maybe.;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    If i was religious i would lean toward Buddhism however in this case my leaning would be toward the teachings of Kali.;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    I fuckin hate people like this, just a bully. A girlfriend I lived with used to get shit off local yobs until one day I lost it and chased them down the road with a sword, never seen them run so fast and never had shit off them again. It was nearly 30 years back and I am more chilled these days.

I hope the police resolve it for you as this sort of shit gnaws at you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    With your cocktail shakers !! fight fire with fire !!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tricky-Dicky
    Sorry to hear this mate. Its always stressful for the ones we love. Seen a couple of cases similar. One where a biker friend ask if he could stay at my place for a weekend while working at his bike. I knew he had bad neighbours but low and behold that very weekend their house went up in flames they were dragged from there just alive. Now I don't know it wasn't my mate as he never left my house all weekend. Just a freak accident. The other way was the Northern Irish way which I won't speak about but it usually works very well. And if I am free I would love to have a visit.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3