Featured Another New Seat For My T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by LeezRyd, Aug 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Previously, I had posted about a new seat from Omegaracer.com, thinking that would be the final choice. Well, it was not to be. Aesthetically, it's pleasing to my eyes, but not my kiester. So I searched some more, and came across Britishbikebits.com, and found, I hope, my final choice. I've got almost 1000 miles on this seat, and I have to say, it's like sitting on a pillow. Here's some pics. In order, the stock seat, the Omegaracer seat, the Britishbikebits seat, and a shot of the trio

DSCN0471.JPG

DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0469.JPG

DSCN0472.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  2. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    What did you not like about the Omega? I’ve been looking at one of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    It's really not as "cushy" as I'd had hoped, even with the supposed gel pads installed. It's fine for around town cruising, but for the long haul, the butt gets tired really quickly. I really do like the way it looks, though

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    This might sound like a daft question but are the Omega and Britishbikebits seats waterproof?
    I've come across more than one custom seat that isn't. They're made of vinyl, similar to the original, but have been stitched which can mean dozens of tiny holes. Original seats are often embossed rather than stitched, to keep water out and your bum dry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Not such a daft question at all. The Omega seat is, indeed, stitched, whereas the BikeBits seat appears to be embossed. Omega does offer a rain covering for the seat when you purchase it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Caligula

Caligula Member

Mar 17, 2019
    east anglia
    I'm a lanky sod, and don't find many bikes quite right as far as position goes and my T120 is no different (pegs too far forward...)
    Anyway, I had what they call the King and Queen saddle (it's not, nothing like, thank goodness), but it was all considered surprisingly comfortable.....but 2 hours was enough. However I have had for years an Airhawk seat which transforms it again, plus giving me a bit more leg room.
    But I do like that last saddle....?
    And the panniers and mounts.....what, who, where and how much???
    Can you get them in the UK?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Had both the seat and the panier kit sent here to the States, from the U.K. They arrived, surprisingly, within a two week time frame, from time of order. The seat is from Britishbikebits.com, the paniers from Normanhyde.co.uk, the cost, respectively was L235, L240 (British Pounds)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Caligula

Caligula Member

Mar 17, 2019
    east anglia
    Thank you!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Is it a gel seat and what is the Part No. or model?
    Jim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Jim, I'm assuming you're referring to the 3rd pic, of the seat from Britishbikebits? Don't know what is under the covering, but the seat is almost twice as thick as the stock seat. Currently, the seat(p/n DS009) is the only style available for the liquid cooled Bonneville, and its' cost would be $492.28 Canadian

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks for that. I have an earlier (2002) air cooled model and I do find the seat somewhat hard. On another member's glowing recommendation I bought a Triumph gel seat and was sorely disappointed. (In more ways than one!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Jim, please be aware that the liquid cooled Bonnies use a different method of seat mounting than the earlier models, so the p/n I posted won't work for your bike. You should go to the Britishbikebits website to find what is applicable for you. If you enlarge the enclosed pic, you'll see that the newer seats use a plunger type of mount that pushes into a locking fastener on the frame, whereas, I believe your seat uses two screws at the rear of the seat to secure the seat to the frame

Lee

DSCN0411.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  13. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Hi Lee,
    Thanks for the info. I will have a look at the website.

Jim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rdkarl

rdkarl Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Floriduh, USA
    I really like the looks of the Britishbikebits seat, but it appears to be quite a bit thicker than the stock seat. It appears to be a bit wider at the rider position also. Barely being able to flat foot while sitting on the stock seat, my concern is it would raise me up too much. What has been your experience as far as seating position?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Okay, here's some side-by-side comparison pics. My inseam is 29" and I have no trouble placing my feet on the ground with this new seat. Even though it's a taller seat (maybe an inch or so), it's more "cushy(?)" than the stock seat, and you sort of settle into it, instead of slide around on top of it. My arse is a grizzled 73yr. old, with more than a few miles on it, and I find it quite a bit more comfy on the long rides I take with my son and granddaughter, than the stocker. But, that's my opinion

DSCN0475.JPG

DSCN0476.JPG

DSCN0477.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. rdkarl

rdkarl Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Floriduh, USA
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. The comparison pictures help a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. rdkarl

rdkarl Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Floriduh, USA
    Britishbikebits has the classic seat with the Triumph lettering colored in silver back in stock. I have one on order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. rdkarl

rdkarl Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Floriduh, USA
    I like the looks of that seat with the metal trim along the bottom. Unfortunately, Britishbikebits said that they cannot supply a seat with that trim for the water cooled bikes because of the shape of the seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ben1307

Ben1307 New Member

Aug 22, 2020
    Cornwall
    Anyone tried the Motone range?

• Agree Agree x 1