Another Led Turn Signal Thread...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fantomexc7, Jul 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. fantomexc7

fantomexc7 New Member

Jul 9, 2020
    USA
    Hi all, hoping you can help me out. 2016 Scrambler, trying to install these LED signals, which are supposed to be crazy bright: http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/xarc/index.html

Now I'm aware of hyperflash, and the usual remedies (big resistors or new relays specifically for LEDs), but when I wire in the rear signals, I don't see hyperflash; instead, my issue is that I'm only getting a fraction of the brightness, maybe 50-60%, and a decent looking flash rate.

Anybody ever encounter this issue with LEDs? I dealt with hyperflash on my last bike eons ago, it was pretty straightforward, never seen this though. But I suck with all things electrical, so I'm hoping someone here knows what's what and can save me the hundreds of taking it to a proper shop.

2. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Don’t mind me asking, but you did rtfm right? Quick reading on the link you’ve copied learns that they have running lights and you can program the brightness using the supplied magnet... if you connect the running wires to the blinker lights, they will blink but with lower brightness than you expect. Just a thought..

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #3 Wire-Wheels, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    I never have quite seen the need for LED blinkers. They seem to be a complicated way to do a simple task. I use LED for running lights. They are brighter and have a lot less current draw. LED blinkers on the other hand require resistors to increase the load on a curcuit that already had resistance in it before you took out the incandescent bulbs. It is not like they are on a long time,.and draw a lot of load. Easy task. Blink-blink. :D ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands