Featured Another Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MadMrB, Mar 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice looking jacket mate and a good price .....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Very nice.

They've got my attention at the moment as well. Triumph Outlet are also having a sale. I've ordered the Bobber to try (I have two others from FC Moto I'm deciding on as well)

Sadly they only have midget and dwarf sizes left in the Bobber and a few other jackets.

Capture+_2020-03-11-21-50-40.png

• Like Like x 9
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    :worried: oh crap, you might be right... I have 3 other leather bike jackets also :p

Just 3 pairs of motorcycle boots:

Alpinestars_J6_Boot.jpg DXR_Hinckley_Boot.jpg Merlin_Keele_Boot.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    The Bobber jacket looks great, but as you said normal sizes are now unobtainable :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    :joy: Or if he sniffs it and gives you the look as if to say 'you da man'

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And more power to ya, for it, @MadMrB! I love that new jacket you just acquired. Very cool! :cool: I have a soft spot for motorcycle jackets and have a collection of them (boots too!). i rationalize it by saying, "Well, at least I don't have collect airplanes or a boats!" And motorcycle jackets (and boots!) are functional, not just for looks like a collection of statues of knickknacks or some sort. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love the Alpinestars riding shoes! What are those cool boots pictured in the middle of your collection of three, @MadMrB? Actually, three pair hardly constitutes what I'd consider a collection. But then it was DD that used the term "collection" and not you.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I've loved motorcycles since I was a very young kid, and along with the bikes was the clothing of leather jacket, jeans and boots.

:grinning: yes, I've the 3 Triumph jackets in the pictured in the previous post, plus 3 others, although one has to go as I appear to have "grown" since getting it :confused:

The Alpinestars J-6 boots are brilliant, very comfortable and feel reassuringly protective. The boots in the middle are DXR Hinckley, although I think they may have been discontinued now.

Yourself, being a lady of style and means, I bet you have quite a collection of gear :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Looks like a Lewis Leathers jacket I had about 30 years ago. Funny thing though, the leather seems to have shrunk.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #12 MadMrB, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Why thank you, @MadMrB. I don't know that I necessarily am a lady of style but I do try. I'm not so sure that I'm a lady of means but my parents did raise me to be a bargain hunter and also to only buy what I could afford (which is quite un-American these days!). And I do have quite a collection of gear. :D Here goes....

One of the things in addition to many others that I love about the motorcycle world, like you, is the gear. And I started riding (10 years ago) right about the time that more women started riding and more manufacturers started making riding gear for women. And not just men's gear made smaller and colored pink. I'll have you know I have not one pink motorcycle item in my closet, thank you very much.

So because I love moto gear and because there's more women's gear on the market and because I have three motorcycles for which I "must" have gear that matches or compliments each bike's color and/or style, ;) I have wound up with quite a collection of jackets and boots. :rolleyes:

That said, over the years, gear and come and gone. Some stuff I've sell at swap meets or to folks I've met and other stuff I've given away to a woman who clearly needs it. Mr. Sandi puts it this way, "Gear in. Gear out." Most recently I gave a pair of Harley-Davidson riding boots to a cleaning lady who was riding pillion with her hubby in tennis shoes. I told her that was unsafe and that I'd give her a pair of boots if she promised to ride in them and them only. She did. :)

After reading your post I figured I'd do to a jacket and boot count because, well, I've lost count. I will preface this by saying that out of all the jackets that I have, I only paid full price for one of them. The others have all been on sale, some of them quite the deal. For example, I got a brand new black textile Speed & Strength jacket (the style of which is perfect for my Speed Triple) that was $275 new for.....$35! Yes, $35. NOT $135 or $235. :blush: And I got a Roland Sands jacket with oxblood red leather like butter that retailed for (gasp) $650 for $165. It's kind of like treasure hunting! :) One of my Christmas presents from Mr. Sandi was a beautiful black perforated Roland Sands jacket that I think I posted a photo of on some thread a couple months back. Unfortunately I only got to wear it a couple of times before I crashed my dang bicycle. Now it, and my motorcycles, are patiently awaiting my return from the land of the physical therapy.:pensive:

So my collection includes a number of leather jackets, some textile jackets, a waxed cotton jacket, and several mesh summer jackets. Total count.....18. But hey, I don't own a boat or a plane. :D

I also did a boot count I have ten pair currently. I have two pair of Rev It! boots (same model, one brown pair and one black pair) , a pair of Sidi and a pair of Alpinestar low cut boots I use on my Triumph, TCX riding "sneakers", and four pair of Harley-Davidsons. One of those pair of boots is up for sale if anyone is interested--Sidi track boots. I bought them about a year ago to use at the Keith Code School and they are just too big for me. They are nearly new as I only rode in them a couple of times and didn't even use them for the school.

And then there are the helmets. I've shifted nearly completely to full-face these days. I do have one open face 3/4 Bell Custom 500 that I love but find I just don't feel protected enough any more with anything less than a full face. Plus it's loud. Again, for one reason or another, by hook or by crook, I've managed to find great deals and only paid full price for one of the listed helmets--a Biltwell Lanesplitter that I wear on my Harley Low Rider S. Mr. Sandi and I each bought the other a Lanesplitter for our anniversary about a year ago--his matte black to match his bike and mine gloss black to match my bike. :heart: My best ganga helmet deal is a Bell Qualifier that is red/black/white that goes with my Speed Triple. It has a Transition face shield which alone retails for $140 I believe. I got the helmet compete with Transition shield for $117 on Motorcycle Closeouts. As you can see, I not only like gear but I like deals and hunting for deals. I also have a couple of Shoei RF1200's, a Schuberth women's C3Pro, and a couple more Bell's in different colors for, of course, different bikes. ;)

Sorry for my detailed ramblings, MadMrB. You did open the door, though. :joy: And describing my gear sort of goes along with my other ways of riding vicariously while I'm healing up. So thanks for providing a therapeutic opportunity!

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    3 jackets, one pair of riding pants less than $200 for all off of Craigslist from "would be" riders who chickened out. Only one pair of astar boots now since I found the holy Grail of Merino wool hiking socks, Wear them 20 days in a row and rinse them out whether they need it or not. One helmet. 3 pairs of gloves. Thinking about buying dragon liners, kevlar long johns to protect below the waist, instead of another set of biker protective pants, which could get stained or abraded, and just wear blue jeans on top. Liners should last many years.

https://www.dragginjeans.com/featured-categories/underwear/draggin-liners/

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Those Kevlar liners are a great idea. I could wear them under my brick-red cords and the Kevlar top will let me wear my Tweed Norfolk jacket.

Unknown.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #16 Pegscraper, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    I still have the first jacket I ever bought, a Lewis Leathers riding jacket in 1982. Can't remember exactly how much I paid but I remember it being comparatively expensive and they're around £850 new now. The whole thing, quality of the hide, stitching, zips and fasterners etc is top notch. Unfortunately I'm no longer the finely honed slab of muscle and sinue I was back then so I can get it on but it pinches a bit!

I've also had two bespoke, made-to -measure one piece suits made, the first by Manx Leathers in the late 80's and another by Crowtree Leathers in the late 90's. Both expensive and very well made. The Manx set got trashed when the ambulance crew cut them off after a "mishap" on my R1. I still have the Crowtrees but they're just too small now. WTF!
    I ride mostly in textile stuff these days.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Finally got my old Lewis Leathers jacket resurrected with a new main zip as it was missing some teeth at the bottom and diffficult to start. They did a superb job. I've not worn it in anger for maybe 30 years since going down the multicoloured leather onesie route and then on to textiles. My conversion from high tech japanese missile to classis British(ish) twin is complete...well almost! :)

IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1271.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Congratulations for still fitting into your jacket from 30 years ago. My old ones all seem to have shrunk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Well yeah, just! A bit of "holding in" required to get the zip hoooked up, then relax when fully secure. A good job the zip is heavy duty! :joy:

• Like Like x 3