Another Biker On The Road!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fourbears, Oct 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well yesterday my eldest passed his mod 2 to gain his full licence. Until taking his CBT 3 weeks ago he had never ridden a bike so to pass with 8 minors must mean he is a natural! He is now looking at what bike to get and, naturally, I tried to steer him towards a Trumpet except as he wants it on a PCP they are too expensive for his budget. So he is looking at alternatives such as a Kwakasaki Versys and a, clear throat hurrump, BMW F750/850/800. Such a shame that he can't get a Tiger 800 but still 0% finance is very attractive so it looks like he will go for a F800GT SE. Still he did well to pass!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #2 MadMrB, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Congratulations to your son, it must be inherited tallent ;)

I wish I could share my bike passion with my son...but he has no interest whatsoever o_O

3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Well done young ‘un :cool:
    Cant go wrong with the F800, a good, solid bike if a little staid. It’ll be good for getting lots of miles under his belt. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well done to him for passing, I loved the years my son rode with me & my mates, he was a natural too, alas life, marriage and bills have got in the way for him now :rolleyes:, but one day he'll get another bike! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well I am chuffed at him for doing so well with hardly any training! As for the bike well he has been offered a barn stored 30 year old Honda XL600 that needs not a lot of recommissioning so he's going with that for now!

• Like Like x 4
  6. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Congrats on his pass!

Still got my old F800ST, my daughter will take it over when she passes hers. Reliable bike, easy to drive.

• Like Like x 1