Anodising question

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by JimDiesel, Apr 9, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    So, there are a couple of parts on order that are anodised, in an attempt in true street fighter triumph stylee I want my girl to be different....
    They are only small components (couple of inches in diameter).
    Is it expensive to have items anodised a different colour?
    Can any of you recommend a company to send the bits too??
    Thanks

2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Why not go for the natural shiney polished look? You can remove the dye from something that has been anodised a specific colour then polish it up very easily. That way you could possibly get some bargains on ebay that are green or purple that are generally less popular colours pretty cheaply.

3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    #3 P19DJG, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    This is one of many anodised motorcycle parts ive stripped back over the years....

Managed to pick up a second hand Oberon reservoir cover for a fiver, i would imagine purely because its not a popular colour to accessorize with on Speedmasters & Americas etc...

View attachment 596

Removed the dye from the anodised finish to reveal a natural finish alluminium, this takes approximately 15 seconds...

View attachment 595

Polished it up with some Autosol & a buffing pad on the cordless drill for less than 10 minutes...

View attachment 597

Didnt even have to break into a sweat! I wanted a shiney one anyway but didnt want to pay £25-£30 for it though! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    google is your pal.... I'm getting some powder coating done by a local company... just searched for them.. don't know what it will be like but you got to try...

• Like Like x 1