Annoying Threads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Iron, Feb 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Guest

How many bloody threads am I gonna read a that have no conclusion?
    Someone asks for help, sometimes for quite difficult problems, gets a load of advice, mostly pretty fantastic advice I might add on here, and then buggers off.
    Sometimes the threads are pages and pages, which means I've just wasted part of my life (which I haven't got spare) without learning anything ffs.
    Not too bothered about a thank you but just doesn't get back to say whether the problem has been fixed, the diagnosis was good, the drugs helped, his knob wasn't that small after all or that he really was a........

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Funny Funny x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Definitely frustrating that someone can have the energy to ask for help, o_O but not help others by posting an outcome :mad:

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#3 Cyborgbot, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2021
    Damn good point @Iron! I like the engagement that we get in threads. I like the humour, even the ‘occasional’ derailment along the way.

But... as you say, if a question is asked and an answer is eventually (albeit via a convoluted route) provided, it would be nice to see the one response (out of many comments that might be posted) that solved it - without having to meander through the wrong/jokey comments that accumulate along the way.
    @Havit is this request possible with the forum software? Is seems a cracking idea if possible.

It might however be beyond the ability of the forum software to do this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Wow - this is why the interweb is so tricky. We both read the question very differently.

You have a great point - there have been a number of new members over the years that join, ask a question and are never to be seen again. I guess this is normal.

That behaviour is very rude, albeit not as rude as someone temporarily joining our forum and flaming a pillar of our community - only for that loyal member to leave soon after for fear of their safety.

Oh well...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Its the same in work when some fecker comes to borrow something with much enthusiasm, the enthusiasm quickly disappears when its time to bring it back : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#6 Cyborgbot, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2021
    Brilliant!

I’m owed a lawn mower and a Webley Tempest air pistol by someone and can’t remember who...

I am wondering if they (whoever borrowed them) occasionally looks at those things and can’t remember from where they came.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

On another forum I saw a few questions from Tia and I thought who the hell is Tia, then it dawned on me, it's Thanks in advance:)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Great point and I totally agree @Iron its very annoying and frustrating

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Manners maketh the man!

DS

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chaps Iron said it. But also said life is to short to get bothered about people and their traits. You peep give out information graciously and it's free and helpful. So just take it on the chin some people aren't of the same block. But one thing for sure is they will need you again before you need the.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Advice needed, can anyone tell me why this thread just fizzled out..surely everyone likes a good moan.....zzzzzzzz

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    PatW
    Nobody needs help lately. But its nice to do. When someone here goes out of their way to try to help and encourage the least we can do is say thanks or even that helped. I know i have had many problems sorted here.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Well I did cut my finger drilling a metal numberplate earlier, but nobody can help with being bloody clumsy..:sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Actually, I’ve posted a few bits of advice and have had gracious responses from the question asker… so I think it’s all cool really, ignore the BS and enjoy having the craic… life’s to short to worry about the politeness (or rather lack of) other posters on a forum.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    PatW
    Sorry mate its a bit far to send Tracy with a plaster.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

1st world problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes here again DCS900 is quite right just carry on doing what you do and be happy. We would not change any way. And i have said this before the ungrateful tail rags will need us before we need them.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iron

Iron Guest

Bollox. I did write something but then couldn't be arsed. But as long as you've read it then unlucky...

19. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Update...the wife kissed it better and said there there...:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    As has been said, some folk are ignorant twats, so you will always get those who ask for help and never say thank you. It is frustrating, but life is to short to get worked up about it :(