Featured Andypandy & Thebiglad's Pyrenees Trip

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by andypandy, Aug 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Have you been to the Pyrenees ?

2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    No Andy. Not been there either. Also on my bucket list

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the info and your take on Jaca and the surrounding area along other Spanish cities as well. A motorcycle ride through Spain is very high on Mr. Sandi's and my bucket list. About 10 years ago I got to spend an entire week in Barcelona (on foot and public transit). I absolutely loved it and have very fond memories of that city and that trip. I definitely experienced what you described. The city was very vibrant. People were out late and were enjoying one another's company over wine. Everyone I interacted with was helpful and friendly and, as you said, the Spaniards--in Barcelona at least--seemed quite happy. :grinning: Plus I really enjoyed the delicious food and wine there, too.

From your description of France, however, we probably don't need to lengthen our bucket list by adding a trip there. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    The reason I ask is that the Picos was on my "to do" list also. But listening to Alan (SmilingJack) last week I'm not so sure now. He's travelled Northern Spain quite a lot and he reckons the roads in the Picos often have poor surfaces and that the Pyrenees win every time. Others may differ I'm sure but you can do both in the same trip I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I first rode in the Picos about 20years ago and have ridden them about 6/7 times since albeit not for about 4years.

Got to agree with your post the Picos roads are crap, the weather is horrible, the food and drink just isn’t nice and the people are nasty and aggressive. It’s not the place for anyone to visit :mad:

So the less people that go the better it is as I’m thinking of going back there next year :)

What ever you do don’t look on YouTube the videos are rubbish ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Me and Andyc1 are doing both:) starting next week Picos then off to the MotoGP in Aragon then almost the whole of the N260 in the Pyrenees as well as some other great roads:cool:
    we're meeting up with Smilinjack (Alan) after the qualifying on the saturday

• Like Like x 9
  7. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    That first trip of yours to the Picos Dave, was that on your horse Trigger ? ;)
    cowboy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    That sounds absolutely fandavvydozy. I'm really jealous. I'm sure you'll have a great time, enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Well ! it all went tits up. We arrived at Villneneuve sur Lot and the hotel was closed,it's 2 O'clock and it didn't open until 4.30,no problem,go and get something to eat. Except that we couldn't,everywhere seemed to stop serving at 2. We'd already decided that the hotel was a s**t hole,so onto Booking .com,we managed to book into an Ibis on the outskirts.By this time it was 4.30 and we were knackerd.
    So,sorry Biglad and Andy,it just wasn't going to happen. Maybe next time,and there will be a next time
    I'll put some photo's on when the Mrs puts them on the computer

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Come on Andy even you’ll know that Trigger(the horse) doesn’t look like that :rolleyes:

This is Trigger ;):)

upload_2019-9-14_17-52-43.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Have a good time lads,,,,,I’m sure you will :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe Merychippus??

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 3.38.30 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hmmmm ...... no mention of Fishanchippus.:confused:
    A terrible omission.:rolleyes: SIGH!:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

That horse is definitely the precursor to a Harley Davidson - just look at all the crap and ornaments that’s decorating it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Or maybe a Gold Wing? ;) Although a Gold Wing probably weighs more than that horse.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2