Featured Thruxton An Impulse Buy !!

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by pasher, Jul 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Stopped off at TriumphWorld in Chesterfield for a coffee and a chat and somehow came away with this. Must have been something in the coffee :)

7EDA7294-1F92-4C98-AC3E-71B73A52252A.jpeg

• Like Like x 20
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    I like being undisciplined :grinning:

3. Ryguy

Ryguy New Member

May 18, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    Oh man that is beautiful!

4. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Collected it first thing this morning. Two hours and 100+ miles later I can report that my wrists and upper arms are aching a bit (previous bike was a 'sit up and beg' T120) - hopefully my muscles will soon get used to the new riding position, but that is more than compensated for by the better handling, more power, the sound or those V&H cans and the grin factor. My only comment so far is that it feels like it needs another gear. 70mph in top = 4000rpm whereas with the T120 it was just over 3000rpm (iirc) so it feels a bit buzzy to me. I'll get used to it :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ryguy

Ryguy New Member

May 18, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    I used to have a Bonneville T100 that was setup with a pretty aggressive riding position (rear sets and low slung clip-ons) and it definitely took some adjustment. FWIW I found that adjusting my riding position to focus more on using my core muscles to keep my weight off the wrists and shoulders helped immensely. It took a while but I spent a couple of weeks very consciously focusing on having as little weight as possible on my wrists and it ended up being very natural. I think that is what the sport bike guys do.

Congrats on the lovely new bike! Hoping to take one of those out for a test run one of these days, but I know how dangerous that is...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Thanks Ryguy - That sounds like a good tip. So use muscles in the lower torso to keep position and not rest on one's arms? I'll give it a go.

7. Ryguy

Ryguy New Member

May 18, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    Yup, that’s it. And like I said it really helps me to focus very consciously on using those lower torso muscles. I try to keep a relatively light hold on the bars...generally better from a control standpoint anyhow and definitely helps with countersteering.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

How many you got now?

9. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    look's like i'm in the same boat as you,i could end up with another ride, a pal of mine has a honda CB1100rs,i like the look of it, we went out the other day for a ride,i was amazed on the acceleration,he must have gave it a good handful,need to get on one for a test ride, my dilemma is, i like the kawasaki gtr 1400 & the thruxton 900 efi,i honestly can't see me getting rid of either of them.

10. PhilJ

PhilJ New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    South Wales
    You won't regret it Pasher; had mine two years now and I'm never letting it go. Fit US spec Vance & Hines pipes, with the db killers removed, then replace the catalytic converter with a Tec-Dcat balancer exhaust insert. The sound is orchestral, especially on overun. Took mine to the tt races this year and the sound just reverberated off every building and rock face I passed by. You're going to have loads of fun, enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    One of the most beautiful fairings ever made!!!!

Enjoy :yum

• Like Like x 1