american exhaust

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by gemstone, Jun 7, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gemstone

gemstone New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    doncaster
    I am thinking of getting an American werkes silencer for my speed does anyone know if they are legal?.they do do look the bizz cheers george

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    If it hasn't got an e stamp it isn't legal but I'm not sure what's the go with the US stuff but I have seen two brothers exhausts over here so should be okay I think

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    you should be ok ,depends how loud they are and if they will go through a MOT but can always change them before hand ,one word of warning watch out for the import fees if you buy them from the USA :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gimlet

Gimlet Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Definitely the best looking 3-1 slip-on for a Speed111 IMO. I'd be very interested to know the performance effect of these cans.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Yes it can be a bit steep, best suggestion is find someone that imports old bikes from the states to the UK and ask if they can bring the part over for you (saves a heap of money) :upyeah:

6. gemstone

gemstone New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    doncaster
    thanks for all your help and advice ,it is a wicked looking can maybe worth the risk anyway. cheers george

7. PHANTOMBLACKPETE

PHANTOMBLACKPETE New Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Hertfordshire
    Hi gemstone, I got one of these for myself for Xmas and I love it. I had the hi-level Arrows before but always like the look of the LowBoy Arrow but it covered the single sided swing arm/rear wheel and I really liked that look so when I saw these I had to be had.
    It a good quality can and very loud but you can get a decibel killer if you want(why would ya).I have a PC V fitted so just had it set up on a rolling road once fitted.

8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon