America Power Mods And Weight Reduction

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Ddodge80, Apr 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ddodge80

Ddodge80 New Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Pacolet sc
    Hi! Hope all is well for everyone.
    After hitting a deere on my america insurance totaled the bike. I kept it fixed the minor cosmetic damage and bought a rocket3.
    Two totally diffrent rides. I prefer riding the america however even before i got the rocket
    I was thinking it needs a little more power.
    Now i am thinking power upgrades and i would like to shave a 100 pounds off the bike too. My question is how do i shave the weight off and what engine mods do yall recommend. Thanks in advance

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I think if I really wanted more power, I would trade the bike for something else. I know people modify these bikes all the time, but why ? If you want faster--buy faster. I have my 790cc America. It is stock except for exhaust mods and a brake upgrade. When I want to go fast, I get out something else. Nice riding, good natured bike. I like it as it is. ...J.D.

3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Cheapest power mod options , dyno and retune the ecu , you can get 6-8 hp and much better mid-range , torque will improve and makes bike much more tractable/rideable.
    I did a big bore kit 904 and ported the cylinder head. The inlet was really poorly shaped to start with. $2,500 Australian all up , got up around 75/80 hp std was 50/51

4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Oh, it can be done. But it is kind of like hot rodding a station wagon. ...J.D.