Scrambler Ambient Temperature Display On The Dash

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by 12Bore, Dec 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 12Bore

12Bore New Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Cheltenham
    hopefully a simple question. How do I get the ambient temperature to display on the dash of my 1200XE? I am able to chose from Fahrenheit to Celsius but unable to get it to show on the information tray.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Well @12Bore, the manual is an amazing resource, full of useful information ;)

Ambient Temperature (with the ability to display either degrees C or F) is either on the left if you select the Quartz theme or on the right (see below) if you select the Chronos theme.

Unfortunately, it's an only in the manual feature, because in reality, it doesn't exist : unamused:

I think it's designed to provide owner entertainment - try asking your dealer to show you how to turn it on, then stand back while they fumble through the menus to fix your seemingly simple request.

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 17.45.07.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. 12Bore

12Bore New Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Cheltenham
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 12Bore

12Bore New Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Cheltenham
    Thanks Mr Triple.
    I'm sure i've seen it on the display under the clock. I wasn't sure if i'd turned it off whilst playing with the menu's. But there is a chance I saw it whilst on a test ride before i bought the bike. I will ask when I next ride past the dealer one day. Cheers anyway:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    There is no ambient temperature sensor on the scramblers XE or XC. it was put in the manual but Triumph couldn’t make it work so the function was removed

they also missed in the early manuals the fact that there is preload on the front suspension, so much for quality control eh

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Well if you do see it, and you manage to work out how it's enabled, please post the details :grinning:

I'll be very disappointed with my self-proclaimed ability to work stuff out, if someone says that it just needs turning on in the menus (somewhere) :laughing:

8. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    All the technology and electronics on these modern bikes...and Triumph were thwarted by a thermometer :eek:

Thanks for the information Repooh...I've ordered one on eBay and will strap it behind the right-hand fork leg :laughing:

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 09.32.10.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Best strap the thermometer to your right leg, it will tell you when your right nut is cooked

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I find that a Turkey pop-up timer is best for that. Here’s one inserted in my right nut (it doesn’t hurt if you push it in quickly).

23082165-A295-47B7-B655-9AF7EC85BCF5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3