Alternator Sprocket Bolt

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by stug900, May 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stug900

stug900 New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    suffolk uk
    Whilst stripping down the engine on my 97 trophy 900 as i removed the clutch the alternator drive sprocket fell out!!...the bolt had sheared off in the shaft i have had the stub removed from the shaft,does anyone know the thread size/pitch so i can source a replacement the triumph spares site only lists the long bolt replacement kit at £100+ for the kit.....cheers...

2. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #2 t552, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    are you talking about the 3" splined shaft?
    If you are I can do an exchange with a shaft that is drilled out to take an 8mm bolt and nut like the kit.
    The shaft is hard so you need a carbide drill to be able to drill it out
    Cost is £20 to cover cost/tools +post
    PM me if interested. btw a cheap nut/bolt is good as they are less brittle and so don't shear off but needs to be small head. again can be easily sorted.

3. stug900

stug900 New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    suffolk uk
    Thanks for that i have got the stub machined out i just need to find a replacement bolt, however i shall keep you in mind if i have no luck thank you for your kind offer....cheers stewart...

4. stug900

stug900 New Member

Mar 27, 2017
    suffolk uk
    Thanks for that i have got the stub machined out i just need to find a replacement bolt, however i shall keep you in mind if i have no luck thank you for your kind offer....cheers stewart...