Alt berg 'Clubman Classic' boots

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by crispey, Apr 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    download.jpg

bought a pair of these off ebay a couple of years ago and found them really comfy. They are still not in bad nick but the soles are wearing down so raher than pay loads to get them re-soled I managed to pick up another pair, with soles in good nick, and in better condition overall, at a fraction of the cost.
    jobs a good'un

• Like Like x 2
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Practically indestructible from what I've heard.

3. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    What, crispey or the boots? ;)

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I bought a pair of those Altberg boots (minor differences only) way back in 1998 (1999?) from their factory shop in Richmond (North Yorkshire - not that poncy place darn sarf!). I believe I paid around £100 for them. I still have them and they are still going strong after around 18 years(ish) and 50,000 miles or so.:) Brilliant!:cool:
    Given time I firmly believe that they will become family heirlooms!:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Naked Wanderer

Naked Wanderer New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    North Yorkshire
    I wear Altberg's Field and Fell boots, have done for donkey's years.
    The after sales service is great, resoling not a problem and they will make to measure should you require it.
    I live in Richmond (the proper one) and see military, emergency services, outdoor enthusiasts and bikers buying at the factory shop.
    I can't recommend them enough :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    MIne arrived and they are pretty well like new, the fit is perfect, once I have my foot through the ankle part, its a tad tight there, but so much more comfy that my other pair, which might go on ebay

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Mine are all day comfortable, although after 18-19 years or so they damn well ought to be I suppose.:cool:

• Like Like x 2