Aliexpress And Cheapo Bike Stuff

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Cyborgbot, Mar 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1 Cyborgbot, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2019
    Has anyone tried any of the mega cheap kit on AliExpress? I bought some great indicators lights and some handle bar risers for Tigger. They were cheap and good quality.

What do you think of these? The problem is knowing if they will fit and what will the 'can' sound like...

upload_2019-3-8_17-59-27.png

There are some Al Panniers - been after some for AGES... Although I have just noticed the shipping cost - it would be cheaper to ride to china and collect!

upload_2019-3-8_18-3-4.png

2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Not seen the site before mate, will have to check it out, a ride to China may be a tad extreme o_O

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

For £50 I might just try the cans (after the mot!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

It does look a bit hollow - there are other types with a removable baffle for £15!

upload_2019-3-8_21-59-31.png

this is small too...

Some people say that on certain bikes that the main sound suppression bit is in the 'box' with the catalytic converter which allows for mega small pipes.

Do you suppose it would be really loud as the Tiger 800 is pretty damn quiet anyway...

upload_2019-3-8_22-2-59.png

upload_2019-3-8_21-58-39.png

Probably terrible quality anyway...

5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#5 Cyborgbot, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2019
    Then on flea-bay there is this... Very similar except the price...

upload_2019-3-8_22-12-35.png

6. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    I seen the GRmoto cans when I was hunting for one for my Speedy, ended up with a Scorpion Serket.

7. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    There are a few on flea bay for around the 30/40mark. My son has one fitted to his KTM 1290 adventure. Quite loud even when the baffles are in. To quiet them, i would recommend some wadding around the baffle. Think he paid £34 for his. The can is quite short in length. It seems well made. He's had it on about 2 years now without any problems.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Heyho

Heyho Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Scotland
    I bought a pair off rev it shorty gloves off it for around 15 notes would be over a hundred here..turned up and looked the part but after on ride out prob a hour and a half there was a hole in the fingerget what u pay for

• Thanks Thanks x 1