Alarm And Indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chipmiester, Aug 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    OK guys think I've sorted my cooling issues on my 05 955i daytona (new hoses, thermostat, cooling flush) my issue now is I had to disconnect alarm which left me stranded, triumph datatool shite. So I linked the 2 pairs of wires on connector coming from alarm. Bike runs now but indicators won't work, is their another wire I have to link? Thanks in advance.

2. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    You don't need to so anything at alarm connector regarding turn signals
    You probably have something else going on
    Does your brake light & horn work? Those circuits all share same fuse. You wouldnt be aware of the brake light not working & unlikely you would have tried horn but turns would be noticable from riders perspective.
    So start by checking those & if dont work check the fuse.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    When I first disconnected alarm the horn wouldn't work, checked the fuses and replaced with new ones. Horn and brake lights work but indicators Don. They worked fine till alarm played up and immobilised the bike, maybe indicator switch gone but bit of a coincidence?

• Like Like x 1
  4. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    So something blew your fuse ...
    You checked the brake & horn after replacing, but did you check again after you attempted to operate the turns?

• Like Like x 1
  5. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    Yes horn still works and brake light works but no indicators, if indicator relay faulty would that cause indicators to stop, only saying this cause a couple of days before alarm buggered up I could hear ticking noise coming from under seat even though indicators were off, very strange.

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    My indicator relay failed and stopped all the indicators working. If you pressed the top of it, it would work. :confused: I thought it may have been a bad connection and had it all apart but couldn’t find anything wrong.
    Replaced the relay and all was well again. :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  7. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    Sounds like a plan then, new relay then go from their