Tiger 800 Air hawk seats

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Richard H, Jul 21, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Anyone used one? Been getting literally a pain in the arse on long runs with the Tiger, the comfort seat is so expensive and by some reports not much better so what size to get?

2. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I've had an Airhawk for years now. Originally used it on my GS until I bought a Sargent seat (most comfortable bike seat I'd ever used!). I then used it in my home office for 5 years very successfully until I got a Tiger 1050 when it went back on the bike :wink:

It now sits on my America and after 2500 miles in France last month I wouldn't ride any distance without it. Not exactly an armchair but at least it's bearable.

The trick is to get it inflated properly. A bit of trial and error but when you get it right it's worth it.

I bought mine from Bykebits about 12 years ago. A few punctures (not surprising as how much it got used!) but the guys at Bykebits sent me a couple of repair kits free of charge and so far the fixes are holding up well. They aren't cheap but there is a cheaper version in polyurethane.

If you're ever in this area (Brighton) let me know and you can try it out.

Cheers

Dick

p.s. You're right the comfort seat is not even as good as the standard Tiger one. Mine had one fitted when I got the bike but after a few hundred miles I managed to swap it for a standard version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    My Mrs got one of these for her Street and raves about it,used it for 2 trips abroad.

Universal Eagle Air Seat Black

A lot cheaper than the Air Hawk but a bit fiddly to put on,again it's a bit of trial and error to get the pressure right.

4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Road Rider, looking for air seat also, could yer do me a favour and measure this Eagle one please, have looked all over cannot find dimensions, many thanks for posting this :upyeah:

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
  6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Bloody hell Steve about choked on my cornflakes when I saw the price! The trouble is I can not try before I buy and at least with an Airhawk I would easily sell on e-bay if I can not get on with it.

7. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I have tried a Corbin seat on a 2009 Fireblade and it was the most comfortable seat ever, yes they are a bit pricey but the quality and materials is fantastic and if you did change bikes you could but it on E Bay and you should get a decent price for it.

The other option is if you have a friend in the States to get them to send it to you as they are a dam site cheaper over there. :wink:

8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It's 12"X15" France June 2013 002.jpg Here's it on my wife's Street

France June 2013 002.jpg

9. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo, many thanks Road Rider, mucho appreciated :upyeah: