Agv Pista Gp R Staccata Helmet

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Greywolf55, Sep 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    #1 Greywolf55, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    I love this time of year, sales are wonderful . I've been wanting a carbon fibre helmet for some time , but the price was just too steep .. Picked up this one today for 50% off list, they had a Rossi 46 project ... but this matched better with my gear and was a better price for the same helmet ... .

I've been riding with Shoei RF's for 2 decades and still do , they don't make a carbon model yet and AGV has a great rep. this even has the hydration tube ...

https://www.motorcyclegear.com/stre...osed_face/agv/pista_gp_r_staccata_helmet.html

Pista GP R stacatta carbon.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Nice, well done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Nice. I would really like a hydration tube. Thinking about just drilling a hole in my chin bar. o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    Agreed I'm a firm believer in Ride what you want , where you want in what you want. No harm , no foul ..it doesn't make you a better rider

I don't ride what I rde , wear what I wear , or go where I go for any other reason than it pleases me .

However IF I'm getting all the bits , why not match?

I raced for 20 years so the whole colors thing is sort of second nature.

Safety at 65 years old with 2 near fatal crashes and 30+ broken bones is something I concern myself with , it's protection not a boy racer fantasy.

Visibility ..a big deal ..as I was struck by a woman going 55mph while stopped making a left...blinker on ... afternoon , sunny and clear .. no traffic

• Like Like x 3
  5. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    By the way ... my reason for posting was to let folks that may be looking for a good deal on a carbon helmet , they are around .. .

• Like Like x 4
  6. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    #6 Greywolf55, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Well it arrived yesterday , great fit and visibility and yes it is Very light .
    a bit trimmer looking than my Shoei RF1200. My Shoei is a L , the AGV is a ML , it's a bit snug in the cheekpads , but it will break in

• Like Like x 3
  7. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    I got a chance to try it out today, with only the chin vent and the small center vent open it still flows LOTS of air , this will be great in the summer. The extra peripheral vision is GREAT . It is a bit noisier then my RF1200 but so Light it almost feels like you are not wearing a helmet, no fatigue and VERY stable at speed ...WAY better than any lid I've worn for not tossing your head around like a bobble head doll.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    There are colours other than black? Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    This time of year I'm in my all black leathers ... and you know they just feel more proper ....lol .

20200130_133845.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    Coming from the Harley side of Life , Black leather has always been the norm.
    It just feels more real . I got the colored stuff primarily because I'm a little paranoid about visibility after getting hit on a sunny day from behind ..I was stopped making a left ...she was chatting away on her cell at 55mph and didn't put on the brakes until 20ft after impact .... Took me 5 years and surgery to recuperate and get back on ...at 65 .. so forgive the indulgence in color...

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2