Agv Legends Lid

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by newT120, Mar 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Hi all,
    I'm after a retro-style full face lid and really like the AGV Legends X3000 - I can get a white one for about £200 which I reckon is a good deal - has anybody got/had one of these and would they recommend it ? Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Chris

2. StefLA

StefLA New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Switzerland
    That is a very good deal. They are probably on the verge of launching 2021 x3000 designs so trying to get rid of last season’s stock.

I have the grey one with back stripes. Am very happy with it. The finish is very nice, it’s actually quite aerodynamic and doesn’t generate much wind noise, and the visor gives you a wide field of vision. On the negative side I would say that although it’s very comfortable it doesn’t have as much padding as a modern helmet so your head doesn’t feel as protected. Also, my chin sticks out from the bottom of the helmet - so I would recommend trying it first to see if it fits your head shape. Finally, it seems to size quite big; I normally wear a large with any helmet brand but the X3000 feels much more loose on my head than other brands in this size.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Sugartown Cabaret
    I own (2), solid gloss black and the matte black\yellow two-tone. I love these lids. First the are ECE and padded pretty good with quality leather. They are fairly light and have ear cutouts for ear plugs, etc. The little visor vent does actually work too. As for looks, they are dead-ringer for that late 60s-70s motoGP look which I was after with my Thruxton 865. The next closest in style is perhaps the Premier Trophy line or Biltwell.

The cons.....are price and alternative visors are expensive for what they are with some visors not being anti-fog nor having a pinlock option. But all in all you cant go wrong with them.