Tiger 800 Advise About Tiger 900 Gt Pro New Windscreen

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Ludo, Oct 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ludo

Ludo New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    France
    Hi all
    I’m definitively looking for changing my stock windscreen.
    I’m 1,85 ( equivalent I think is 6’1) and first would like to go for the Puig Tourer. I think it ‘s look better then the givi d6415st I’ve read yours and others comments about the fact that the puig potentially not protecting as expected especially the helmet.
    The givi seems to make the job but i’m a bit worried to have a too big windscreen which break the motorbike overall look
    Do you guys confirm analysis? Does the puig a good product or definitively too “small” for tall guy?

Thx

2. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    On my (ex) Tiger 800 my Madstad screen was 20”. It looked fine, so I wouldn’t worry overly about the screen being too big. The Tiger is, after all a tall bike.

3. Ludo

Ludo New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    France
    I’ve finally just ordered the Givi right now. Will keep you posted of my user experience
    Hope the look of the tiger won’t be killed

• Like Like x 1
  4. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    ive got my tiger gt pro last week and wind is making me to return it .can yoy please let me know how you doing with your screen

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Not sure if it’s helpful for you but I had a good ride on a multistrada and it was the same thing. After market screens are essential really for that type of bike. Worth more research before handing it back?

6. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    I will try to research more. Because god i love this this bike. I had 765 Street RS before this and that was my third one and was saying nothing can change my mind from this bike and tiger gt pro did it.
    But wind noise on it its just unbelievable bad .even with earplugs and my head os shaking like earthquake in schubert e1 with or without peak

7. Ludo

Ludo New Member

Oct 5, 2021
    France
    I tried the givi indeed and Îm not fully statisfied to be honest
    It’s sure it protects very well but I have to set it at the before last level to be protected enough. In this position I have the top of the shield in my sight so it is a bit anoying to me. Especially during night ride
    It seemes to be normal but as I’m a new rider I don’t use to drive with the helmet screen and the windshield. To it’s reducing the vision sonit could be a bit danregous. Îve purchase a second hand puig tourer and will try it next week end
    Hope it helps
    Cheers

8. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    It would be really helpful to know how puig will do.
    And thanks for info about the Givi

9. Gadgetmandb

Gadgetmandb New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Essex
    I’m 6ft 6in and here is my solution

10. Gadgetmandb

Gadgetmandb New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Essex

This is my solution I’m 6ft 6in tall.

when the fog clears I’ll take her for a test ride and post the findings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    I've bought mine few months ago and i have to say different is day and night. I'm 6.1 and still can see the road or filtering in traffic even when screen is full of sh***t .
    I don't need earplugs now and if i had a one of those bluetooth which go inside the helmet noise would be zero.
    I have cardo now and it's install in a right place on left side of my helmet and someday when is very windy out side it make bit of noise

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gadgetmandb

Gadgetmandb New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Essex
    UPDATE UPDATE

OMG what’s difference this Givi screen has made. no more freezing wind in my face. No blasting the top of my helmet making loads of noise very quiet now. Clear as a bell best recent purchase l, couldn’t be happier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    Yes that warmth id a best thing yesterday was -2 and only my feet were bit cold. Actually now is too hot in cold days

14. Gadgetmandb

Gadgetmandb New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Essex

• Like Like x 2
  15. kash

kash New Member

Feb 20, 2019
    uk
    If you ride bike for looks don't touch it .
    Because that shi**y os wind screen been designed for looks not protecting. I changed it because im on the bike 5 days a week at least winter or summer and os screen is worse than no screen at all because i tried that too

16. Lyndon

Lyndon New Member

May 21, 2022
    Durham, UK
    how did the Puig work out for you Ludo?

17. Guided By Voices

Guided By Voices New Member

Apr 8, 2021
    America
    I'm 6ft and the air goes above my helmet with the windscreen at the highest level. Just stick a hand above your head and see where the wind hits. I'm not convinced a new windscreen will do anything but take a bit of wind off my shoulders.