Advice required around my Trident

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SteveJ, Oct 12, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Could anyone give some advice around my crashed Trident. I really want to get it back running again and the insurance company want to write it off but can anyone give advice on what I should do as my main concern is that the frame is bent.
    What is the best way to see if the frame is bent or twisted.

I really want to get the bike back up and running but am a bit worried that I might get in out of my depth.

Will have to speak to the Insurance company again as they haven't been very good at telling me what the verdict is with regards to the damage caused to the bike so it's a bit hard to make a judgement until I know.

WP_20131008_001.jpg

WP_20131008_002.jpg

WP_20131008_001.jpg

WP_20131008_002.jpg

2. fraser

fraser Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Bishopbriggs
    google MOTOLINER they might be of some help!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yeah there based down near me in Maidstone..

4. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    its a strong part of the bike have a look for any cracking of the paintwork ,also depends on how fast you were going when the impact happened,i bought a bike years ago which had a front impact rebuilt the forks and used it for years....good luck,when you go to buy it from the insurance talk it that the frame is bent ,shouldn't have to pay much then :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #5 SteveJ, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks for the advice the insurance company have just asked if I want to keep the bike and I have told them as long as the frame is ok.
    Next thing a get a call from the recovery company telling me they are bringing the bike back?
    There has been no mention of money or anything so I will chase this up on Monday.

Cheers

Steve

6. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    one thing if you have the bike you have all the cards in your hands ,make hay while the sun shines ,get then to pay out and offer them £100 or near that then if the frame is bent you can afford a new(secondhand) frame and rebuild it ,let us know how you get on :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  7. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    When my Astra van got written off by the insurance company they paid me out & let me keep the van at no cost.

8. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    they made me pay £100 for my van but that was over 10 years ago :rolleyes:

9. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Latest update spoken to the Insurance company (Chaucer) who by the way could do with lessons in communicating properly.
    Bike is coming back home in the next hour or so (to save money on storage fees which is fair enough)
    I'll have a good look at it and ask a couple of blokes who know more about these things than I do for their advice.
    Then we will see what they will offer with and without the bike.

Got to say this has got to be the closest thing to losing a close family member as I'm still gutted about the accident.
    Will post some more photos soon and update on progress

Cheers

Stephen

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Hope it works out ok

• Like Like x 1
  11. labixiaoxin

labixiaoxin Banned

Oct 23, 2013
    When the international trading model changes into small business sale, wholesale corsets are very popular and easy no matter on Europe or America. And most ladies like to match the fashion corset with wholesale stockings to build up slender shape.