Action Cameras Exaggerate Your Speed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Mar 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I had a run up to Braemar on Wednesday and decided to stick my gopro on the bike,i've always thought when i watch the vids on you tube that it makes the bike look as if they are going much faster than they actually are..i can confirm this is true..i better not show the Mrs the video:blush:

2. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    If you stick on a polarized filter it looks like your ignition is turned off! ;-)

Don't feel obligated to watch the full vid, it is half hour long lol, but this was filmed with a polarized filter on my GoPro:

It blanks out any incriminating evidence when you are upright :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    nice sea life centre:),when i was in Valencia last year i visited the sea life centre there,it is brilliant i could have spent the whole day there:cool: it's the largest in Europe apparently

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I was blown away by it, really fun day out :)
    Andy has a good point regarding the wide angle lens, I run in superview which is as wide as it does and it looks so much faster than when in narrower views, especially when on twisty narrow country lanes! :)

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i had it set on my tank and it was on the wide setting which gives a great view of the road and scenery, but there is a super wide but it looks slightly fish eye to me so not keen on it

• Like Like x 1