765 Accessory Socket

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by GrahamC, Aug 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GrahamC

GrahamC Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Gloucester
    I see mention in the owner’s manual of a 10a fuse for the ‘Accessory Socket’. Is this just the USB outlet or is there something else coming off the battery?.

I’m trying to figure out how I can power my tyre pump. Has anyone come up with a solution?

2. GrahamC

GrahamC Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Gloucester
    Yes, defo an option, but I was trying to think of a solution which didn’t involve unbolting the front seat. On a track day tyre pressures need to be up and down like a whore’s drawers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. RYAN Fitzgerald

RYAN Fitzgerald New Member

Jun 15, 2018
    New York
    Why you changing pressures during the trackday? If you set them right at the beginning, should stay good, no? Don't you have a generator running for the tire warmers anyways? Use that for the pump, or pack an old fashioned bike pump with ya.

I'm also very interested in wiring up an accessory port close to the handlebars/ headstock though. Would be good to have a GPS/ phone charger there for long trips.

4. GrahamC

GrahamC Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Gloucester
    You change tyre pressures depending on the track temperature. But, of course, the real need for the pump is to reset your pressures for the ride home.

I’ve found a Givi system which will do the job but its very expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180901_231342.jpg This is what I use on my BLACK Thunderbird Lt :p
    Tucker

6. GrahamC

GrahamC Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Gloucester
    Thank you Tucker. It looked absolutely spot on but then I noticed to 2A maximum. Most pumps need 10.A

FWIW the Powerlet PowerbarPlus looks the dog’s whatsits. But, my God, it’s expensive at £144.