Ac-50 Alternative

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by H.O., Sep 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    About a year or so back there was a thread running on AC-50 anothers, cant remember which came out best but in practice I'm not so impressed with it, disappointing results on the 'onda PCX with corrosion coming through on drive case, brake calipers and bare aluminium parts so I want to try some thing different, any idea's?
    Ta.
    Terry

2. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Cheers mate!

3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I got a can of XCP from my local car accessories shop £14.99, same price or cheaper than eBay without the wait!
    Will see how it performs, I went down to the marina on Sunday and asked a few people who work there, they say it works well against some of the marine specialized ones, a couple of people said ACF50 was not as good now as it was a few years back, changed the ingredients I wonder?
    All ready to spray up my new mobi scooter when it arrives later in the week well before winter sets in.
    Will up-date the 'test' in a few months when I look to see if I need to re-apply.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I've seen tests detailed where XCP performs better than ACF50

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...-xcp-rust-blocker-corrosion-protectant-review

and others where it doesn't

http://f2mcltd.blogspot.com/2016/12/xcp-rust-blocker-v-acf50-testing-and.html

I guess it all comes down to the rigours and practicalities of the test regime and the accuracy of the tester. I've even seen

Pays yer money........

I would say, though, that (IMHO) ANY rust protectant will need fairly frequent re-applications depending on the useage conditions of the vehicle, i.e. mileage; weather; location (salt/sea air, etc.) and storage conditions, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Scottoiler fs 365 is the best bit of kit out there :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Wee shiny boll#ck face, I didn't know David Cameron was a member?

• Funny Funny x 2