Tiger 1050 Abs Bleeding Breaks

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by france_54, May 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. france_54

france_54 Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Shropshire
    So just about to bleed my tiger breaks and thought I'd check the manual...I've not had an and model before and I see that you need to take it to a dealer to get them to open/close the ABS solenoid.

Is the an absolute must or do I need to just take it on to my cul-de-sac and slam the breaks on then recheck everything?

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #2 Sprinter, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    I was told by a Dealer mech, that it is not necessary to activate the ABS during bleed.

You can however ABS bleed on Android yourself using ;-
    http://www.tuneecu.com/ on Android, ( the laptop one does not perform this function). The Android is avalible on Google Play.

The small amount of fluid in the ABS system that will be missed / left, in the system when the solenoid does not activate and will mix through by next bleeding anyway, is negligible, ( I was told).
    I have heard if you get air through the system then you will need to activate the ABS solenoid to remove this, so be careful and keep your reservoir topped up.

3. france_54

france_54 Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Shropshire
    Thanks I was thinking that this was the case.

Cheers

4. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    You only need dealer bleeding if air gets in otherwise you can bleed as normal.

5. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    • Like Like x 1