765 About To Buy A 2020 Rs

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by A13, Nov 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. A13

A13 New Member

Nov 15, 2020
    Northern Ireland
    Hi,
    I have a Svartpilen 401, I am finding it a little small for my 6,4" frame.
    I test rode an Street Triple RS yesterday and really liked it, I wanted to check if anyone around my height uses bar risers (and if there is slack in the cables to accommodate them) and if anyone has added an aftermarket steering damper?
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Norman Dickenson

Norman Dickenson New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I wanted to install a 2" riser on my 2020 Street Triple R. I believe the cables
    will stretch enough to work, but it appears that the hydraulic brake hose would
    need to be replaced with a longer one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The difficulty fitting a set of risers to the Street Triple 765 range is as follows, it may appear that the cables reach with the higher risers installed, however when on lock there is no free movement, you risk not only ripping out the cables and wiring you could lose control causing collision, a guy had his in for a service and whilst checking lock to lock low and behold it stretched the cables etc, if cornering on tightish hairpin bends the above could have taken place. You could adjust the position of the handlebars to tailor it to suit your style and comfort. Ride safe all.

• Like Like x 2
  4. A13

A13 New Member

Nov 15, 2020
    Northern Ireland
    I did buy it, very happy so far.
    I changed the tyres and will bolt some protection on to it.
    The risers i will leave for now, i may be able to make some adjustment to the seat instead.

• Like Like x 2