Aaarrrrgh! Bt Sport!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Biker Jock, Aug 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I pay for BT Sport just to watch MotoGP and the support races, and nothing else. I don't want wrestling, cage fighting, boxing, football etc, etc. Just MotoGP. It's a rare event when I have time to sit down and watch it live, so I rely on playback.

I've been busy sorting out the garden today, but got rained off mid afternoon, so thought I'd make a cup of tea and watch one of the races. Fired up BT Sport, and what do I see? Well not races! They're not available yet. What I do see is the BLOODY MotoGP PODIUM!!!! I now know who is first, second and third without having a chance to watch the race first. Aaaaarrrggggh!!!

People complain about the BBC and having to pay the TV licence. I think it is incredibly good value for money at £154.50. But for £120 a year (BT Sport), you'd think I'd be able to watch a few races without having them (BT) shove obvious spoilers in my face.

Slightly unhappy bunny...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Are you able to record the races? that way there will be no spoilers:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Good suggestion, but with the advent of iPlayer and equivalent for other channels, we don't have recording facilities. I'm probably behind the times with current recording technology. But I remember failed attempts, missed program beginnings, and "sorry, I forgot" excuses all relating to recording that vital last episode of an exciting drama.

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    You’ve just given me an idea for rant of the day. ;)

5. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I've seen the race now, and to be fair, even though I knew the top 3, it was still a very exciting race up to crossing the finish line. I don't know how these guys can dice with each other, so close and at those speeds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1